Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

New boxer mom

13K views 128 replies 39 participants last post by  hellonightmare 
#1 · (Edited)
I just brought home my 6 week old girl Mabyn the other day, all seems to be going well. Everything normal. I've never had a puppy this young though and I'm wondering if there's a trick to get her chewing on the toys instead of me! Every time she starts gnawing on me I put a toy in her mouth instead. I've got several types of nylabone and a couple other toys for teething puppies. In fact she seems to care more about my older dogs ball more than any of the toys I got specifically for her... And that ball is almost as big as her!!
I'll attach a couple pics for reference and because who doesn't love babies!
Vertebrate Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Carnivore

Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#91 ·
She is Beautiful!!! WHITE BOXERS RULE!!!! Had too.. hehe.

Mabyn is a beautiful girl!

Bubba is 13 weeks old and we've had several people think he's a pit.. even before we had his ears cropped. So funny how their emotion changes when they hear he is a Boxer. Love watching how they mature into the Boxer look from puppy.

Hate how White's get such a bad rap, my Bubs perfect and awesome with other animals and our children.

Hope to see more pics of Mabyn :clap::clap:

#99 ·
Btw, I didn't mean for the taping comment to be negative in anyway! I think she's beautiful either way. I was just curious! :) And yay for white boxers.. I just brought home my Lilly last week. She's 8 weeks. She's deaf. We are learning ASL together. Enjoy every second with your beautiful girl. Take a million pictures!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#103 ·
I know most of the owners on here will dissagree, but here it goes.. I have always fed my Pups (all of them) Puppy Chow, Justice however I feed Puppy Chow with Pedigre canned mixed it.. he is doing great, and I have NEVER had a bad review at my vets office. His weight is right on schedule (about 35lbs currently at 5 mos.) At the age of 2yrs ,i will switch to Pedigree adult formula. None of my dogs have ever had any troubles with gas, loose stools, or any other health issues. (unless they get into something they shouldnt)
Although I do understand why people want to feed their dogs the best product they can find, and i really dont 'knock' them for doing it, but at the same time, i cannot afford all of that expensive stuff, so i stick with what i know. I have been fortunate to have healthy animals, with no food allergies.. although Gunnie did develope an allergie to any type of red colored kibble.

#105 ·
I've had Mabyn on iams large breed puppy food since I got her. She's solid, regular and healthy so I'm happy.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Having a dog do okay on a certain kibble is different than thriving, IMO. Both of these foods are full of grains and by products, especially the Dog Chow. There are budget friendly grain free kibbles that are much more nutritious: 4 Health (Tractor Supply), Nature's Domain (Costco), Hi-Tek Naturals Grain Free, Petsmart Authority Grain Free, and now, even BJs has introduced grain free - not sure what the brand name is. You can feed less of a higher quality kibble b/c it's more nutrient dense (poos are smaller, too, since there's less waste).

#123 ·
my boxer never chew on anything but what I did was bring him to the dog park for a lot of exercise.i let him play with toys and balls.he loves bones and I change the cheap food to a good food.i never play rough so they don't get bad habits.i pay a petco trainer to help me training him and he got better.i look a this exercise,discipline and affection.if u don't correct the problem when they are little then it will be hard to fix later.my boxer don't take my kids food or food that is in the floor or anything he know he no suppost to but if is water then he will drink it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.