Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Fish oil

6K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  SpoiledPups 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is the right section & i apologize if this is the wrong one. Was mentioned today about adding fish oil to the dogs food. How much should we add & how many times a day do we add it?? Also is it just plain fish oil pills like we humans take??

#2 · (Edited)
For a healthy dog(not one with any serious conditions such as cancer etc) The normal dosage is approx. 20mg per pound a 50 pound dog would get 1000mg.

I think one of the best is Salmon Oil: Grizzly Pet Products

BTW The optimum ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 for your dog's best health is approximately 1:5

#4 ·
Thank you both. I wasn't sure if she meant fish oil tablets like we get in the vitamin section or what. I know fish oil is good for the skin & coat of a dog. Will have to check our local Petsmart. I think I should get a job there as much as I am in that store. LOL

#5 ·
I have been giving my girls coconut oil for about a week now. They think its a big treat because I feed it to them off a spoon. LOL! But, I cannot believe the difference in Quinn's shedding already. It's probably been cut in half!! Amazing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.