Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

She is a guard dog!

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Doggiedose 
#1 ·
We've always had our doubts about Leila being a guard dog because she's always been a bit of a scaredy cat. But at around 2am this morning, she suddenly woke up and stood by our closed bedroom door. Then she barked and barked. My husband and I woke up trying to figure out why she was barking. As we walked out of our room, we heard beeping sounds every 10 seconds or so. It turned out that our alarm system malfunctioned and was letting out warning signals. My husband and I just looked at each other and we were both amazed at how well Leila picked up on this. We're so proud of her!

#11 ·
Valant picks up small noises outside,with both doors closed and TV running loud :hooray:

#13 ·
Way to go Leila!!! I'm glad everyone is okay and it was a false alarm (literally). I hope you all got back to sleep easily. How was Jonesy?
My naughty, sweet boy is doing well. Sad and happy news: he's leaving this Friday for his new home. He'll be living in a farm with horses, chickens, rabbits, etc... and his new sibling is a boston terrier. When I was first told the news, I cried...couldn't hold back the tears. I'm happy for him but I will miss him so, so much. He most certainly kept us on our toes but we love him to pieces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.