Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

New Boxer Puppy!

3K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  Jill T. 
#1 ·
Haha... not a REAL one. Working with polymer clay is one of my hobbies. Due to some issues thanks to a vitamin D deficiency I haven't been able to do much of it lately, but I got the itch to take it out today. I made my first boxer puppy. He's not perfect by any means, but for a first try he's not that bad. I still need to bake him and paint him before he's finished. I'll post more pics as I progress. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
Thanks again everyone! :)

I painted him once today and HATED how it came out. It looked way to fake. The paint is water based though so I ended up giving him a bath so I could start over using a different technique. It's still not where I want to be, but practice will make me better at it. I think the first paint job and the bath kind of screwed it up a little bit which is part of the reason why the paint didn't stick as well this time.

Anyway, here he is all painted up. :)

Attachments

#36 ·
Well Mandy that's a heck of a lot better than I could ever do! My patience is with kids under the age of 5! Don't think I could sit there and make that AND try to paint it! I would prob flip out and throw the poor pup across the room! I think it looks great... Although Wyatt isn't flashy ;-) just a small white spot!!! Ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
LOL I used to have TONS of patience, but lately it seems to be slipping further and further away. Still got some though!

When I painted him the second time I painted him with a thin coat of white paint. I was so tempted to just keep him white. It looked pretty cute! I'll be experimenting more over the weekend (hopefully).

Great job, I think it looks amazing!
Thanks! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.