Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Not interested in toys?

908 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  AussieAnita 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have had my boxer Ricki for 4 days now. He is my first boxer so we are both still learning!

He isn't really interested in his toys though. I have a selection of all sorts for him. If I play with one of them with him he seems half bothered for about 5 minutes. But then he looses interest and wanders off - normally to sleep or stare at things!

Is this normal? I'm worried about him being bored when I'm at work. Any ideas what I can get to keep him occupied?

He has a couple that I stuff with treats etc

Thanks in advance!

Liz & Ricki

:)

#4 ·
Kong has a new rolling toy that u fill with his kibble too. Also it's been only five days. He may be adjusting. Winnie NEVER took to toys but a lot mOre of his personality came out after he was here a while. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

#5 ·
Tucker is a 4.5 year old rescue. He will play like crazy with toys outside but I can't get him interested in playing inside.

If I act excited and run, jump and make an idiot of myself he might chase a tennis ball through the house once but even then it is about 1/4 speed and then he is done.

He acts as if he is doing something wrong so maybe it is left over from his prior life as a rescue.

#8 ·
Yeah,Valant is the same...wont play AT ALL and if he does,its with me (not toys) and very rough.

#9 ·
My Maggie (boxer mix) was not big on playing with toys. Vshe had a few & occasionally she'd bring us a tug toy. She'd mostly just chew on them. We still have her one tug toy, where she chewed the handle off. Pheona loves it. She'll just carry it around the house.

#10 ·
you might need to teach him to play with toys, I got Sally as a pup and she had played with some toys before I got her but I still had to teach her how to play with some toys.
But some dogs just aren't into toys or only specific ones.

Sally just isn't interested in a flying ball, a ball on the ground however is all out war!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.