Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

need opionions what would you do

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  sasasola 
#1 ·
OK not a boxer but my son has a lab mix that is not good with my pack to say he is aggressive with other dogs ( but great with people ) is an understatement so since they are "between housing" they had to board their dog Hank any way since they now have keys to the "needs lots" house they picked the dog up from the kennel last night and he is a MESS sores on the tops and sides of his feet lost at least 15lbs that he did NOT have to lose and you can count every bone in his back and see his hips and every rib and he STINKS needless to say he spent the night at my house not easy keeping my pack and him apart I would hate to see any stray this skinny much less a kenneled dog that was supposedly being walked twice a day which is why they chose this kennel to begin with also no one called and said there was any issue with him and when they called to check on him were told he was fine she charged 15 dollars a day since he was a large dog and they had to put a 100.00 down in cash when they dropped him off and they wrote her a check for the rest of the bill I told them if it was me and my dog looked like Hank does when I picked him up I would not pay the lady a dime more then they already gave her as the deposit and would stop payment on the check what would you do ? he is very upset at Hanks condition but doesn't think it is fair to stop payment on the check but this poor guy looks horrid I also want to turn them in for neglect to animal control but am not sure they would do anything so what would you do

See less See more
#2 ·
THATS HORRIBLE! I would most certainly not pay them a dime! and would cancel the check immediately. Poor guy. What did they give as a reason for his condition?? I would have him seen by a vet to be sure he is ok, then hand the bill to them.

#5 · (Edited)
NO explaination it was like they hadnt laid eyes on him for a week !! and yes he is vet bound today the sores on his feet are bigger than a silver dollar and look scooped out she said he must have been licking at them REALLY? I am so upset he also ate like he hadnt had food in days and got several long drinks they would have boarded at the vet but they were full

#3 ·
I wouldn't pay them a dime. Let them take me to court and have the photos of the deplorable condition they had my dog in. I would also report them to the BB bureau, the local ASPCA, and, if the district attorneys has an animal cruelty and neglect department, them too.

I only board with my vet.

#6 ·
URGHHHHH this is beyond terrible.. Makes me sick to my stomach. They need to be charged and shut down. I wonder how many other cases there have been with dogs that stayed there. Keep us posted. I hope he recovers quickly! :(

#7 ·
I hate boarding kennels. They look all nice and pretty on the outside but who the hell knows what goes on when you leave. I have heard these stories more than once and that is why if I plan to go away, my dogs are coming with me (yes all 6!!) or a family member house sits and my guys stay in the comfort of their own home and backyard.

#9 ·
I hate boarding kennels. They look all nice and pretty on the outside but who the hell knows what goes on when you leave. I have heard these stories more than once and that is why if I plan to go away, my dogs are coming with me (yes all 6!!) or a family member house sits and my guys stay in the comfort of their own home and backyard.
Amen I only board at my vets cause I know they spoil my pack there I do get that he was in a bind but he did call around and talked to people at different facilities and apparently she talks a good game but doesn't take care of them
I just got off the phone with the humane society here and they are sending an officer to check on all the dogs in their care they had my son send pics to their e-mail of before and after and called him back horrified at the difference and dispatched an emergency officer since technically they are closed on weekends unless it is an emergency or for potential adoptions and or visits but no officers on the road on weekends and they considered that any dog that changed that much in 14 days ment that any dog they had there was in imminent danger

#8 ·
Take pics and yes I would definitely file a complaint with animal control.
That is considered neglect and neglecting an animal is against the law.
That person / boarding facility (and I use that term lightly) should not be allowed to continue to operate and neglect more animals.

#12 ·
OMG...Please keep us posted as to what comes of this. We searched & searched visiting I don't know how many boarding places before we found a placed that my husband & I both said was good. The people are so friendly, the place is run nice and all the of employees are friendly. We've never had an issue leaving any of our girls with them.

#13 ·
I'm so glad to hear that they consider this an emergency!! I'm mortified to hear about this situation, and am so much more thankful for my wonderful Dogsitter.

Please do continue to keep us updated, they need to be shut down and at the very least pay the vet bills.

#14 ·
well they made the local news they went and pulled 7 other dogs that they were "boarding" out of there saturday said the conditions are "horrible" and they are shut down they even took her 3 shephards from her so it had to be bad guess they have a "show" area that they put your dog in while you are there then move them to a deplorable run down area after you leave the humane socity is keeping the boarded dogs free of charge until the owners get back to pick them up the vet said the sores were from him getting his feet stuck in gaps from the wood crates they were using for floors and ripping them open then cleaning them he pulled a bunch of splinters out of them that were sarting to fester no word yet on weather they are getting stuck with the vet bills as that is a civil matter and my son will need to file in court for them and a refund on the fees they cashed the check with in minutes of his leaving so the stop payment didn't go through fast enough

#19 ·
Good for you, Carol!!!!! :clap:Your efforts have truly made a difference to those dogs! I wouldn't hold your breath for these dirtbags to offer payment on the vet bills. Hopefully, restitution will be a condition of their sentencing in a criminal matter. If not, I would definately take the losers to small claims court.

#15 ·
What a scumbag "kennel"! So glad the humane society is taking care of the poor dogs that were still there. Good for you for taking action to get this horrible place shut down!!

#20 ·
unfortunately it is not a "crime" here unless the dog dies then they are still considered "property" and all you can collect is the cost of the dog not even the care and food and worse yet it is a class D misdemeanor punishable with a fine for "severe' neglect of an animal we have some of the worst laws on pets in the nation

#21 ·
Deplorable :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.