Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Made My Second Clay Boxer

2K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  boxerlove4 
#1 ·
I made my 2nd clay boxer tonight and wanted to share pics. I still need to bake it and paint it. I'm my own worst critic so there are a lot of things I'm not happy with (needs a much bigger chest for example), but I'll keep working on it. :)

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks guys! :)

Never thought about those moles! Will need to add those in! LOL

Wow what a great job!!! How long have you been doing them? I can't wait to see it finished too!
I've been working with clay for the last 10-15 years. I started out with those tutorial books at craft stores to get started and then I went off on my own one I had the basics down. :)

Mandy - That is such a cool talent. When did you learn you could do that!
Learning to make boxers is new. I just made my first one back in December, but had to stop because of RA. Now I'm feeling much better so I'm trying to get back into it.

Using my own ideas, I started out making dragons, sea turtles and humpback whales. These boxers are new. Here are a couple pics of the dragons, turtles, and whales I've made. :)

My first dragon.

I gave this one to my mother without taking a pic of the finished product. I painted this one blue. I'll need to get an updated pic!

I think I painted this one red with black wings per my brother's request. Never got a finished pic of this one either. :(

My first Humpback Whale.

First mom and calf. :)

#10 ·
VERY nice. You certainly have talent.Lucky you.

#16 ·
Thanks guys! I added some more clay for the chest this morning before I baked it. I thought I was happy with it, but looking now I think it's still lacking. Nothing a little more practice won't fix. :)

Here's the finish product. I'm finding out that I'm not much of a painting fan. LOL The mask needs some more work, but overall I'm happy with it. :)

#20 ·
Mandy - I so admire people who are 'crafty' You have some really nice pieces; I sit here just in awe what the eyes, mind and hand can do!!! Good for you girl!

#23 ·
Thanks everyone! :)

Glad you like it. I took today off from work (we had the option since it's a holiday) so I'm going to try my hand at another one. I am hoping to get good enough to sell some, but I'm sure it's against forum rules to do so here. I don't want to use this forum as a platform for this and I certainly don't want to get banned! I'm sure you understand that. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.