carpet stains - Page 2 - Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Go Back   Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums > All About Our Favorite Breed > General Boxer Forum

BoxerForums.com is the premier Boxer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
marki.s70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,253
Default

Based on my experience if the stain is set in, nothing is going to get it out. I've got the paid the carpet cleaners and rented before buying one last year. We use the bissel for spot cleaning and the steam cleaner if we want to do rooms. Whether you do it yourself (assuming you have a decent cleaner), rent or pay someone the results are pretty much the same. None get out a set in stain and initially they all make your carpet look newer.
Resolve works well on most things as long as you take care of it immediately.
Depending on the color of your carpet, mine is off white, you can try a heavily diluted solution of bleach with water. This is a bad for your carpet as bleach breaks down the carpet but if you happen to have a 2 year old spill a bottle of red nail polish in the living room the eye sore can be lightened so that is less noticeable.
__________________
marki.s70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
april2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki.s70 View Post
Depending on the color of your carpet, mine is off white, you can try a heavily diluted solution of bleach with water. This is a bad for your carpet as bleach breaks down the carpet but if you happen to have a 2 year old spill a bottle of red nail polish in the living room the eye sore can be lightened so that is less noticeable.
I assume this happened to you. If not you are lucky. Our carpet is off white (well it's supposed to be) and my 2 year old usually gets it with red juice that my 5 year old decided to get him when their home alone with their daddy (he doesn't usually pay much attention to things like this). She thought it was ok because it was a sippy cup, but there was no stopper put in the lid first.

Do you remember the commercial when the spot bot first came out? The mother is always out of the room when the stains happen and it is everyone including the husband and they all act like nothing happened. This is how it is at my house.
__________________
april2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
marki.s70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by april2006 View Post
I assume this happened to you. If not you are lucky. Our carpet is off white (well it's supposed to be) and my 2 year old usually gets it with red juice that my 5 year old decided to get him when their home alone with their daddy (he doesn't usually pay much attention to things like this). She thought it was ok because it was a sippy cup, but there was no stopper put in the lid first.

Do you remember the commercial when the spot bot first came out? The mother is always out of the room when the stains happen and it is everyone including the husband and they all act like nothing happened. This is how it is at my house.
Yes..unfortunately the nail polish is a true story. We did lighten it with the bleach but for the most part the new furniture covers the spot. My mom raised us with the philosophy that if someone did fess up everyone was in trouble. Problem solved for her even if it wasn't fair. I, took the approach of evidence being necessary and my kids and significant other learned fairly quick that if everyone just says it wasn't me..mom can't do anything. Needless to say I am reconsidering the philosophy of innocent until proven guilty. Everybody's is bout to go down!!!!
__________________
marki.s70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
New User
 
pennysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5
Default scrubbing stains to no avail!

April2006, I have had similar issues, as I have a 3 y/o, 2 y/o, husband, and 2 boxer pups! I have attempted to use various carpet cleaning products but have had similar problems to what you describe: the spots look clean until the solution drys and then they seem to reappear. I eventually totally gave up and looked up Dallas carpet cleaners and called in a professional. I still clean the spots throughout the year but spend the money to have them done professionally every 3 or 4 months, just to save my sanity!!!

Last edited by pennysmommy; 07-28-2011 at 07:18 AM.
pennysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
New User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Default

There is a new product out for cleaning up pet accidents that i have been using. its in a white bottle with purple lettering on the front and picture of a puppy. I'm drawing a blank right now and can't remember what the brand name is. I always spray the area first and let the cleaner soak in for a few minutes. Then get a scrub brush and go over the area lightly to make sure the cleaner has gotten into the stain. Once every six months I call an indianapolis carpet cleaner to come out and do a deep cleaning just to make sure all the smell is out of the carpet. This works for me and i hope it works for you too! Good luck!
mspeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
Power User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 362
Default

Half Vinegar, half water in a spray bottle. Gets it out every time and the smell...
__________________
Jewl



Jewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
Mamas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Valley, California
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewl View Post
Half Vinegar, half water in a spray bottle. Gets it out every time and the smell...
soo i tried the vinegar and water --- had a little accident today totally my fault..woke up late :/ seems to smell worse for me.. maybe once it drys it will go away??

also read about putting hydrogen poroxide with soap and rubb in after the vinegar solution drys anyone try that??


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com