Busy week... - Page 4 - Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Go Back   Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums > Off Topic > Anything Goes > Just for Fun

BoxerForums.com is the premier Boxer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 06:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Gypsiemouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 12,139
Default

Aww, hope Wyatt is feeling better soon.
__________________
Lynne- Owned by and Slave to Maggie and Mongo




Gypsiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #32 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
Wyatts_Momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Newton, PA
Posts: 2,084
Default

Well, we just got up about 8:30. He ended up gong on the couch for an hour, let himself out to pee, which seemed like an eternity and around 12:30 went up to my room, so yes the dragging of beds, blankets and "baby's" ended there ! He slept in his bed all night, no more whining. Had to keep the ring thing on him all night but he can still lick. Guess I'm getting the cone of shame on my way to work! Any suggestions before I do that how to get it to work better? It's inflated all the way, how tight should it be? He did take his antibiotic and pain med very good for me today! Antibiotic went in a greenies pill pocket. And the pain med is chewable. Now just waiting for the inevitable puking and "runs"...he's looking so good today!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Wyatts_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
af_wx_wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 2,441
Default

How is Wyatt feeling this evening?? Better I hope.
__________________
af_wx_wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #34 (permalink)
Super User
 
boxerlove84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,677
Default

I hope Wyatt is feeling better! What size of the inflatable cone did you get? Maggie wore the large and could not reach her incision. Gabby had the extra large. She's a big girl...


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Mom to Gabby, Maggie, and Benjamin.
boxerlove84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #35 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
Wyatts_Momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Newton, PA
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerlove84 View Post
I hope Wyatt is feeling better! What size of the inflatable cone did you get? Maggie wore the large and could not reach her incision. Gabby had the extra large. She's a big girl...


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Wyatt has a large (there was a boxer on the front). And it's quite loose around his neck. I have the tube inflated fully and can't re-zip it. He did good last night not really licking with it on. He doesn't really ever leave my side, so I constantly can monitor him. And a simple Why-Why no licking stops his action.... I let him out this morning and was getting my coffee together and looked outside and he was running around... I was like oh geez, he's back!!!! Now to figure out how to get him not to run!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Wyatts_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #36 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
Jill T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 260
Default

You may also want to check out the Nutri-Vet Protective Inflatable Collar. It's smaller & less clumsy than the cone & doesn't interfere with eating/drinking but still keeps the dog from licking. Best wishes to you & Wyatt!
__________________
Jill,
Home of Epic Cocker Spaniels (& a boxer
)
Jill T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #37 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
Wyatts_Momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Newton, PA
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill T. View Post
You may also want to check out the Nutri-Vet Protective Inflatable Collar. It's smaller & less clumsy than the cone & doesn't interfere with eating/drinking but still keeps the dog from licking. Best wishes to you & Wyatt!
He has a pro collar inflatable one... He's doing ok now with it, but it's not as snug as I thought it would be. The dog trainer picked it out actuallyAttachment 22000


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Last edited by Wyatts_Momma; 01-30-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Wyatts_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
Wyatts_Momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Newton, PA
Posts: 2,084
Default

How long do I need to keep the collar on him, like how long is he not allowed to lick? All the paperwork says 14 days for no walks, baths, running, jumping... Etc. but never said anything about how long he can't lick. He has dissolvable stitches and the tech said they would be fully dissolved within the month.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Wyatts_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
Mom2Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Georgetown, Ontario
Posts: 2,931
Default

we went through the same thing with Kailer, undescended testicle (cryptorchidism). the most difficult thing we encountered was keeping him quiet. We also had Titan done at the same time but he was bouncing the very next day and wanted Kailer to join in. Long story short his incision started seep (seratonin) he was licking at it, would not keep quiet - cone, crate rest and after the second visit to vet we did get mild sedative to keep him quiet and sleepy for a couple of days in order for the incision to have a chance to dry and heal...amazing what a couple of 'quiet days' can do to heal that incision up. Kailers surgery was quite invasive; they had to go looking for the testicle and finally found it under/behind the bladder. My advise is to keep your boy quiet, cone/inflatable collar, crate rest...good luck
__________________


Cindy - Mom to Titan & Kailer, Boxers, docked & floppy
RAW fed since December 24, 2013
Mom2Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
Wyatts_Momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Newton, PA
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Titan View Post
we went through the same thing with Kailer, undescended testicle (cryptorchidism). the most difficult thing we encountered was keeping him quiet. We also had Titan done at the same time but he was bouncing the very next day and wanted Kailer to join in. Long story short his incision started seep (seratonin) he was licking at it, would not keep quiet - cone, crate rest and after the second visit to vet we did get mild sedative to keep him quiet and sleepy for a couple of days in order for the incision to have a chance to dry and heal...amazing what a couple of 'quiet days' can do to heal that incision up. Kailers surgery was quite invasive; they had to go looking for the testicle and finally found it under/behind the bladder. My advise is to keep your boy quiet, cone/inflatable collar, crate rest...good luck
He has been doing pretty good keeping quiet. Guess I could be not lazy and take him out on a leash to potty. I only told him to stop licking once with the cone on. When he's laying down i would take it off and he immediately licks so back on it goes! Tried telling him if he didn't lick I wouldn't have to put it on! How long should he wear the cone? Also did the, for lack of better terms, ball sack look bruised for your boys? His looks black and blue. I think his undescended one was up in his hip. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow of his incisions and "sack".


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Wyatts_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com