Plush toys - Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Go Back   Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums > All About Our Favorite Breed > Toys Toys Toys

BoxerForums.com is the premier Boxer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Matt74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 38
Default Plush toys

My guy Zuke loves plush toys. I have yet to find one that has lasted more than a week. Usually after the first day some appendage is gone and it looks like a stuffing bomb exploded on the floor.

Has anyone found a plush toy that has lasted a decent amount of time?
Matt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-10-2017, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 51
Default

Our guy is only 7 weeks old and not due to come home for another week so I have no real sound advise. I don't know if you've seen them yet but I did find a stuffed bear that the inside also has knotted rope all throughout it. We bought one for our pup. Just curious if you've tried something like that?
shaciam630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 3,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaciam630 View Post
Our guy is only 7 weeks old and not due to come home for another week so I have no real sound advise. I don't know if you've seen them yet but I did find a stuffed bear that the inside also has knotted rope all throughout it. We bought one for our pup. Just curious if you've tried something like that?
I've not heard of anything like that ... do you have a link???
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK GSD 2007
chip18 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Matt74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaciam630 View Post
Our guy is only 7 weeks old and not due to come home for another week so I have no real sound advise. I don't know if you've seen them yet but I did find a stuffed bear that the inside also has knotted rope all throughout it. We bought one for our pup. Just curious if you've tried something like that?
No I haven't seen that.

I did try something called GoDog with "chew guard", that was supposed to be pretty tough. That lasted 2 days. lol
Matt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Power User
 
DaveJ50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 538
Default

https://www.amazon.com/KONG-Wild-Kno.../dp/B014JZKVCS

Here is one of the Wild Knots at Amazon. We have this brown bear and a blue monkey. Their names are Brown Bear and Blue Bear...it's just easier that way and he knows the difference.

The inside has a little stuffing but is mostly rope and knots. They will take a lot of tugging but can be reduced to mostly rope if he gets destructive.
__________________



DaveJ & TuckerJ
DaveJ50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 3,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJ50 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/KONG-Wild-Kno.../dp/B014JZKVCS

Here is one of the Wild Knots at Amazon. We have this brown bear and a blue monkey. Their names are Brown Bear and Blue Bear...it's just easier that way and he knows the difference.

The inside has a little stuffing but is mostly rope and knots. They will take a lot of tugging but can be reduced to mostly rope if he gets destructive.
WOW ... OK if I've seen those ... I'd have not noticed it ... Thanks!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK GSD 2007
chip18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Matt74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJ50 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/KONG-Wild-Kno.../dp/B014JZKVCS

Here is one of the Wild Knots at Amazon. We have this brown bear and a blue monkey. Their names are Brown Bear and Blue Bear...it's just easier that way and he knows the difference.

The inside has a little stuffing but is mostly rope and knots. They will take a lot of tugging but can be reduced to mostly rope if he gets destructive.
Thanks DaveJ50.

I will give that a try.

He doesn't care for playing with any type of tennis balls or squeaky ones. Occasionally likes his knotted rope, but the plush toys are his thing.

Definitely a new thing for me, as I had a Golden Retriever before and the only thing he ever cared about was a tennis ball.
Matt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 3,292
Default

With the plush toys and dogs that rip them apart ... the one thing you have to makes sure of it that don't eat the stuffing or the eyes if they are detachable! Mine never did and my Bandog Gunther seemed to luv ... binding stuff toys??

He would pluck the eyes out first ... and then de-stuff them. He never ate the parts removed but we started looking for stuff with no detachable eyes.

Thrift stores have stuffed toys for next to nothing, if your dog does not try and eat the stuffing that is a good source. We pretty much considered stuff toys as expendable entertainment.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK GSD 2007
chip18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Matt74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip18 View Post
With the plush toys and dogs that rip them apart ... the one thing you have to makes sure of it that don't eat the stuffing or the eyes if they are detachable! Mine never did and my Bandog Gunther seemed to luv ... binding stuff toys??

He would pluck the eyes out first ... and then de-stuff them. He never ate the parts removed but we started looking for stuff with no detachable eyes.

Thrift stores have stuffed toys for next to nothing, if your dog does not try and eat the stuffing that is a good source. We pretty much considered stuff toys as expendable entertainment.
Yeah, good point. Zuke loves tearing a limb off, and then pulling the stuffing out and leaving it all over the floor. Does the same with bubble wrap. I have been lucky with some training that he doesn't swallow anything. Just likes leaving a mess.
Matt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 3,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt74 View Post
Yeah, good point. Zuke loves tearing a limb off, and then pulling the stuffing out and leaving it all over the floor. Does the same with bubble wrap. I have been lucky with some training that he doesn't swallow anything. Just likes leaving a mess.
Yesss ... all I'll say is ... goooo Boxers/Bully's!! I still have a basket full of full gutted stuff toys!! I buy them ... the dogs gutted them ... that's was how we rolled.

The hard squeakie toys ... my Struddell would luv, to nibble off a corner to squeak them??? And while they were fully functional ... she was so annoying!

It would be squeak,squeak,squeak,squeak,squeak,squeak. And when finally I'd had enough, I'd say "Struddell!" She looked walk over to me, sit and the toy still in her mouth ... she'd "say" Sqqquuueaakkk??? Sigh ... whatever ... she'd de-squeak it in a bit anyway, soooo ... whatever.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK GSD 2007
chip18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum