Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Help Please! How did you find your breeder?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
TheBlammos
Experienced User

Question Help Please! How did you find your breeder?

We've been talking about getting a second boxer, seriously enough to have been trying to find a breeder the past couple months. I've emailed the contact people listed for the Massachusetts (Middlesex) Boxer Club, the RI Boxer Club, and 2 clubs in NY - giving them some information about us / our home / Mya etc - trying to introduce ourselves and address some of those common questions that you would see on an application for a puppy. It's been close to a month and I haven't gotten a single reply yet

I also checked out the breeder links that were on the sticky on this topic but many in our radius weren't valid any longer.

There is definitely a timing for a new pup that works best for us as we have a wonderful dog walker who is available in the summer to fill the gap in the 4 hours the pup would be left alone during the day.

So with that long background ... I'd love any advice on how you found your breeder that you think might be helpful for us or if you know a good breeder in New England - we are in Massachusetts but can easily drive to NY, CT, RI, NH, VT and even eastern PA within a few hours time at most.

We had a pretty bad experience with a non-breed specific rescue when we were looking for Mya so we are a little 'gun shy' to go that route but would love to hear any good recommendations on that front too ... maybe you know of a boxer rescue that you trust?
TheBlammos is offline   Reply With Quote