Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Birthday Cake - Bacon Chicken Layer Cake
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mom2Rocky
BoxerForums Addict

Default Birthday Cake - Bacon Chicken Layer Cake

I figured I would share Rocky's Birthday cake recipe

Bacon Chicken Layer Cake

This recipe makes a real layer cake! Chicken, bacon and yogurt provide aromas that drive dogs crazy for this cake.

3 cups flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 cup margarine, softened
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup corn oil
2 jars strained chicken baby food
2 cups finely shredded carrots
plain or vanilla yogurt
2 or 3 strips of bacon, fried crisp, then crumbled, or use bacon-flavored jerky strips, cut into bits.
Generously grease and flour two 8" round cake pans; set aside. Combine flour and baking powder; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat softened margerine until smooth. Add eggs and corn oil; mix well. Add strained chiicken, and shredded carrots and mix until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Pour batter into the 2 prepared 8" cake pans. Bake at 325 for 60 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.

Place one layer on a serving plate and spread yogurt over top. Place second layer on top, then spread yogurt on top and sides of entire cake. Sprinkle crumbled bacon or bits of jerky strips over top. Use "Pupperoni" sticks for candles.

There are more recipes here: http://www.dogbirthdaysandparties.com/dogbirthdaycakerecipe.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

For Rocky's cake...

I used organic carrots. I used the food processor to chop them up.. The baby food was the small jars of chicken and gravy. I added an extra jar of baby food to give it a little more flavor. I also added a little bit of water when processing the carrots.. Total water maybe an 1/8 to a 1/4 of a cup. The yogurt I used for the frosting was FAGE.. Greek plain. It's a lot thicker than other yogurts. http://www.fageusa.com/products.aspx Then I decorated with store bought doggie cookies and snausage treats.
I left the real bacon out (Didn't think it was a good idea) ... but had some beggin strips for the bacon, but left them off the cake and just put one on the plate with his cake.

I tried this recipe out about a week ago on pupcakes too.. I wanted to make sure it was going to work .. The pupcakes turned out awesome too! It made 24 pupcakes.

Rocky's cake

Lisa owned by Numa & Rocky
WildRiver Boxers
Mom2Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote