Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums - View Single Post - Breeder in VA
Thread: Breeder in VA
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jewl
Power User

I live near Woodbridge but we are moving to Stafford in a couple of months. I am open for adoption but I know my husband is not. He is very worried about adopting an older dog with having two young children to think about as well. We also have an older Boston (female) who is only 15 pounds but thinks she runs the show...LOL I used to volunteer for a shelter and I know the misinformation people have, as well as the need... however if we get a dog it has to be something we both agree on. I hope that makes sense. We are grieving right now for our male Boston who suffered a massive stroke and we need some time... I just want to do my research for when we are ready. We had a lot of health issues with our male Boston due to the fact that he was a back yard breeder puppy and I think we also want to know the history of our future pup to put our minds at ease a bit. It is horrible to see your dog suffer health issues his whole life... And we lost him only at the age of 10. So, please understand that we are trying to do what is best for our family. Thank you all for the advise.
Jewl is offline   Reply With Quote