Worried about neighborhood kids - Page 2 - Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Go Back   Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums > Off Topic > Anything Goes

BoxerForums.com is the premier Boxer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip18 View Post
Most likely I would have done the same as you.But a camera/phone and the threat of law enforcement is likely a better choice?
I thought of the video idea right after I walked back in the house. sigh...



Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVonKennedysDutch View Post
Yep that too Jeff. I just loved your story with how you acquired Buddy and I would hate that due to some stupid kids ur babies b the ones who end up being punished! The judge friend said the sign represents "intent" or prior knowledge that your guys "might" have vicious tendencies It made a whole lotta sense to me how one could conclude that. I feel ya on modern day parenting. Kids run wild now days. I'll stick to just parenting my furbabies! Good luck Jeff! ~Misty~


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Thanks. He's a total couch potato now but he seems to be pretty protective of what is now "his" property. If we bring you in through the front door he will be sweet as pie.

It would crush all of us if anything like that happened to either of our furkids. Heck, I get sad when reading stories of stuff like that happening in other states. Like the Pibble in Arizona, Micky who was in trouble for biting a kid that climbed his fence and tried to take his bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholeLottaBoxers View Post
I wouldn't get a "Beware of Dog" sign, but I would get "Dog on Premises" signs. Petsmart and Petco both sell them.
oh, that's a good one!! I guess I'll get some of both "dog on premises" and "no trespassing" signs.
Jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasasola View Post
Jeff - you're become the crotchety old man!!! lol But seriously, I understand your concern. Maybe some barbed wire across the back of your fence would deter fence climbing? lol



I've heard that too Misty!

I live in Canada, so basically if someone breaks into my house and I beat the living snot out of them, they can take me to court for assault. So there's no point putting up "No Trespassing" or "Dog on Premises" signs.
haha! with my luck I'd be the one caught up in the barbed wire.

Sadly, it's becoming very much the same here in the US in regards to defending your person and property.
Jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Power User
 
Xela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 423
Default

That just sucks. I think it's the dogs' natural reaction tomget upset when strangers enter their/ your home. Total lack of respect on those kids' part.
Xela is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Kaco Boxers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kawartha Lakes, Ontario
Posts: 6,931
Default

Lol, so this is what I would do......

Get no trespassing signs and place them in clear view BUT got your TSC or farm supply store and get a Beware, Electric fence sign as well...........

Smack that sucker right in the middle. You could even make it more convincing by hooking up a car battery to your fence and or running wires to it.

I'm sneaky like that...always thinking outside the box, lol.

Kids are scardy cats, some are mouthy but when it comes down to it no one will touch that fence cause they have no clue whether it's electric or not
__________________
Kari ~ Keeper, servant and mommy to the following crew


**Proudly Raw fed since 2009**

www.kacoboxers.com
Kaco Boxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
BigDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kew Kent VA
Posts: 2,273
Default

Jeffk- I am the "Grumpy Ol Man"!! Go with the "No Trespassing" signs, place on each corner ensuring they are visible from both directions, ie, 2 at each corner! Then take "dated" pictures for your record! If they get hurt on your property, fence or not, you could be held responsible, if they are trespassing, that changes the situation! They "Must Be INVITED with the signs up! As stated, "Beware of Dog" can be interpreted as you having a "DANGEROUS DOG"! Check NC "LAW!!!!

If the folks/parents don't keep up with them at their age, they probably don't care any way!!

It's not just your property you are protecting, it's also your "WAY OF LIFE"!


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Power User
 
mrsbush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 453
Default

Buddy sounds a lot like my guys... everyone but Justice that is. You know my story about Gunny.. we now have Pad locks on ALL gates, i have beware of dog signs on every corner of my property (police and judge suggested it) no trespassing signs next to the beware of dog signs as well. STILL a group of 5 hoodilems TRIED to cross my fence.. i let Sophie go (charging at the fence, and almost got an arm), and went for my glock.. when they heard me rack it.. as i was saying "come on boys, i got somethin for your ass" they RAN and i havnt had any trouble out of them since...
mrsbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
BigDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kew Kent VA
Posts: 2,273
Default

Yes, I admitted to being the "Grumpy Ol Man", A person pays too much money, dedicates to much time on upkeep trying to maintain these minor possessions for some "Ill trained, disrespectful, snoot nosed (be it child or adult) as_hole to destroy/steal or disrespect the property or owner!

Hell, if I don't want the no leg or 4legged animals having total access when they want it, why accept that behavior from the 2legged ones


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super User
 
owenowlsnest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 1,852
Default

I wouldn't go to war with the kids, or they may retaliate. I think most kids do like animals, even if there are rare ones who do nasty things to them. You can get sued for thousands of dollars here if your dog even scares a child. The lawyers come out of the woodwork, and nobody wants to chance a jury trial.

Kids are dumb, maybe they think he's a fighting dog. I'd just make up some story that he has rare medical conditions that make it very hard on him if he gets too upset around strangers. Maybe they'll be sympathetic.
owenowlsnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
BigDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kew Kent VA
Posts: 2,273
Default

Jeffk- No matter what course of action you take, remember "STAY LEGAL" and "CYA"...(cover your rear)


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xela View Post
That just sucks. I think it's the dogs' natural reaction tomget upset when strangers enter their/ your home. Total lack of respect on those kids' part.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manydogs View Post
Lol, so this is what I would do......

Get no trespassing signs and place them in clear view BUT got your TSC or farm supply store and get a Beware, Electric fence sign as well...........

Smack that sucker right in the middle. You could even make it more convincing by hooking up a car battery to your fence and or running wires to it.

I'm sneaky like that...always thinking outside the box, lol.

Kids are scardy cats, some are mouthy but when it comes down to it no one will touch that fence cause they have no clue whether it's electric or not
HAHA! I love it. I can picture them now all daring each other to touch the fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
Jeffk- I am the "Grumpy Ol Man"!! Go with the "No Trespassing" signs, place on each corner ensuring they are visible from both directions, ie, 2 at each corner! Then take "dated" pictures for your record! If they get hurt on your property, fence or not, you could be held responsible, if they are trespassing, that changes the situation! They "Must Be INVITED with the signs up! As stated, "Beware of Dog" can be interpreted as you having a "DANGEROUS DOG"! Check NC "LAW!!!!

If the folks/parents don't keep up with them at their age, they probably don't care any way!!

It's not just your property you are protecting, it's also your "WAY OF LIFE"!
It's uncanny how much you and I think alike sometimes Joe. I was already planning on videoing the signs after I put them up to establish that they were in place on this date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbush View Post
Buddy sounds a lot like my guys... everyone but Justice that is. You know my story about Gunny.. we now have Pad locks on ALL gates, i have beware of dog signs on every corner of my property (police and judge suggested it) no trespassing signs next to the beware of dog signs as well. STILL a group of 5 hoodilems TRIED to cross my fence.. i let Sophie go (charging at the fence, and almost got an arm), and went for my glock.. when they heard me rack it.. as i was saying "come on boys, i got somethin for your ass" they RAN and i havnt had any trouble out of them since...
That's another thing that I need to do is put locks on my gates. What a pain in the ass! Sad that it has to be like that.

I don't think I need to draw on these kids but if they were teenagers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenowlsnest View Post
I wouldn't go to war with the kids, or they may retaliate. I think most kids do like animals, even if there are rare ones who do nasty things to them. You can get sued for thousands of dollars here if your dog even scares a child. The lawyers come out of the woodwork, and nobody wants to chance a jury trial.

Kids are dumb, maybe they think he's a fighting dog. I'd just make up some story that he has rare medical conditions that make it very hard on him if he gets too upset around strangers. Maybe they'll be sympathetic.
I'm not going to go looking for a war but I will make sure that I protect my property and my family from lawsuit happy parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
Jeffk- No matter what course of action you take, remember "STAY LEGAL" and "CYA"...(cover your rear)
You know I'll CYA...that's part of basic training. LOL

went to petco on lunch and the only "Dog on Premises" signs that they had were all cutsy looking ones shaped like dog bones. I'll stop by the local Feed store on the way home and see what they have
Jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum