Need info on 2 Breeders please - Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Go Back   Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums > About Boxers and Breeders > Breeding Info > Finding a Breeder

BoxerForums.com is the premier Boxer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
Posts: 39
Default Need info on 2 Breeders please

Alright guys, Hopefully some of you have heard of these two breeders. I have been communicating with them both, and they do seem very good. They do a bunch of testing, and will provide hard copies. They both breed show dogs, so they will be evaluated at 7 weeks. Never dealt with this before, but that could potentially mean we don't get a puppy if they decide to keep the flashy reverse brindle male we want, right?


The first one is out of Greensboro NC, Ebb'ne Boxers, (Traci Poole from Emser Boxers put me in touch with them.) She has a litter due in the beginning of 2017.
ebbneboxers.com


The 2nd breeder is Cachet Boxers, in Hilton Head SC. Someone here on the forum put me in touch with them. He has a litter due in 1.5 weeks. But, he said his partner in Greensboro NC has a litter planned for early 2017, however he will not give me her contact info.
Welcome to Cachet Kennels




Ebb'ne Boxers priced her pups at $2000. But the guy from Cachet Boxers priced his at $2500. He also stated that he has a partner in Greensboro (who I think is Ebb'ne Boxers) that has a litter due in Early 2017.


Only thing that bothers me about the 2nd breeder (Cachet Boxers) is that when he priced his pups they were $2500, but when I asked for his partners contact info, he stated that he would not give me that info, that I would deal directly through him for the whole process.


Seems odd if this is indeed his partner, (not sure if it is, but all signs point that way) that if she is pricing her pups at $2000...then is he jacking it up to $2500? Should I casually ask if that is indeed his partner, as someone put me in touch with her before I found him, and she already priced a dog at $2000??


Kind of puzzle here on what to do. If someone could give advice on these two breeders and the situation at hand I'd appreciate it.


-Scott-
lghtngyello03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-05-2016, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
Lindar51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,703
Default

First glad you found a breeder who heath tests before breeding.
They both breed show dogs, so they will be evaluated at 7 weeks. Never dealt with this before, but that could potentially mean we don't get a puppy if they decide to keep the flashy reverse brindle male we want, right? Yes , back when I was breeding mini schnauzers (under mentor) if the dog you want is "show potential" at that age, it would mean you do not get it.
My opinion of the 2nd breeder, I don't like when a breeder doesn't want to share Info on other breeders, especially a partner. Most breeders will share info on others who they feel may be of assistance to you and not get involved with the transaction. At least thats my opinion but I'm no expert on it.
__________________
Lindar51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindar51 View Post
First glad you found a breeder who heath tests before breeding.
They both breed show dogs, so they will be evaluated at 7 weeks. Never dealt with this before, but that could potentially mean we don't get a puppy if they decide to keep the flashy reverse brindle male we want, right? Yes , back when I was breeding mini schnauzers (under mentor) if the dog you want is "show potential" at that age, it would mean you do not get it.
My opinion of the 2nd breeder, I don't like when a breeder doesn't want to share Info on other breeders, especially a partner. Most breeders will share info on others who they feel may be of assistance to you and not get involved with the transaction. At least thats my opinion but I'm no expert on it.
Thanks for your response and help.


This rubbed me the wrong way as I see it the same as you. They should want to help, but seems like he doesn't want to and is already hiking the price. Another lady that I spoke to before put me in contact with who I believe is his partner.


She didn't have to, she did it because she knew she wouldn't be having a flashy reverse brindle, and they would. Kindness goes a long way in my book.
lghtngyello03 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 10-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
martinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Posts: 4,566
Default

Jeebus,you guys really pay that much for a dog?

Sorry,dont mean to offend,never paid more than $200 for a boxer
__________________
Beckie Female,fawn black mask 1991-1998
Jan-dron Male,fawn black mask 1995-1998
oolk,rescue, Male,Brindled black mask 1998-2008
Valant,rescue,Male,brindled flash born 22-02-2002 crossed the bridge 10-07-2016
Marshall Male,born 01-06-2008, rescued on 31-07-2016 crossed the bridge 2018-03-29 Fawn black mask
Layla Female,born 30-06-2009 white rescued on 31-07-2016
I`m outta here,wou-wou!Used my ears to fly to the rainbow bridge
martinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinc View Post
Jeebus,you guys really pay that much for a dog?

Sorry,dont mean to offend,never paid more than $200 for a boxer
Sounds like you bought from BYB or something of the such? Trying to avoid this. Don't want health issues, would rather have one that health testing has been done before breeding took place.
lghtngyello03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Power User
 
Enfield359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 353
Default

Hey Martin, I know it sounds nuts but sometimes that's the price you pay when you get a well bred, fresh out of the oven pup! You are wonderful to rescue these amazing dogs that, through no fault of their own, have come from all kinds of negative situations. I commend you for that and may even be open to doing the same one day!
Enfield359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super User
 
4paws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Wallaceburg,Ontario
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lghtngyello03 View Post
Sounds like you bought from BYB or something of the such? Trying to avoid this. Don't want health issues, would rather have one that health testing has been done before breeding took place.
Martin rescues older boxer babies.
__________________


4paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Kaco Boxers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kawartha Lakes, Ontario
Posts: 6,908
Default

Martin, welcome to the world of purchasing dogs from reputable breeders!

I have nothing against those who wish to rescue but please don't knock those who do their research and support breeders who give a crap. The is a price for health and temperament.

Give me a moment and let me look at each breeder. I agree, if the second breeder will not name names, this in itself would turn me off. There is no reason for secrecy, as the buyer it is my right to know where the puppy comes from.
__________________
Kari ~ Keeper, servant and mommy to the following crew


**Proudly Raw fed since 2009**

www.kacoboxers.com
Kaco Boxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4paws View Post
Martin rescues older boxer babies.
Didn't know that. Thanks for rescuing the pups you rescue. I can't handle the heartbreak when they go so young as it appears some of yours have in your signature.
lghtngyello03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Intermediate User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Upstate, South Carolina
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaco Boxers View Post
Martin, welcome to the world of purchasing dogs from reputable breeders!

I have nothing against those who wish to rescue but please don't knock those who do their research and support breeders who give a crap. The is a price for health and temperament.

Give me a moment and let me look at each breeder. I agree, if the second breeder will not name names, this in itself would turn me off. There is no reason for secrecy, as the buyer it is my right to know where the puppy comes from.
I'd just assume wait until January, and purchase from the 1st breeder if the 2nd wants to be dickish. I agree, I love all pups, and they all deserve a loving home. But I will not support the byb who clearly is doing it to line their pockets...plus your pup may have a very short stay with you, which I can't go through again.
lghtngyello03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum