Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums

Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums (
-   Finding a Breeder (
-   -   Help deciding whether to buy(in UK) (

earnieche 02-18-2009 04:40 PM

Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)
Hi guys, I am not sure if I am in the right place to ask this but I have a chance to buy a pup, after reading into things I am scared of getting a dog that will not live a full and healthy life. One of the dogs parents(father) is ch American Araby Flyer to Jimbren, I am wondering if any knows if this is a good dog? I am told he is a champion and I would like to know form an independant source if this is the case. I am not looking to show the dog or anything but like I said I would like a healthy dog. The mother and half brother are available to see. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

HannaBanana 02-18-2009 04:46 PM

Re: Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)

Nice looking pup but not too sure on the kennel it self - They mentioned he was health tested for heart (may want to ask about Thyroid and hips - but not sure if they do that in the UK) I would just check the health testing on the bitch he was bred too.

From their stud page!

Uno arrived here March 2004, he was bought for our own gratification and has fitted in very well, We wanted his line bred pedigree and is producing to our expectation, he has progeny Crufts qualified and overseas winning children, he is the most intelligent Boxer I have ever come across with an adorable temperament. A true gent

He is heart tested clear and Holter tested clear and available for stud to approved bitches

Arbiesmom 02-18-2009 06:05 PM

Re: Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)
I'd agree with HannaBanana - check the Mother for health testing.

earnieche 02-20-2009 06:27 PM

Re: Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)
Thanks for the help guys, I went to see the pup today and put a deposit down. The mother comes from heart checked(clear) parents but they have not had her heart graded. This is her second litter and I was told by the studs owners that the first litter were all healthy and well(breeder must have used their studs before).She is in good health and has not had any serious problems. She seemed like a nice enough dog, she was let out of the kitchen so that I could see her and she paced around her pups and did some growling, she let me pet her but seemed alot more interested in protecting her pups. The half brother was also there, 5 years old, he to is healthy and never had any real trouble, he was extremely friendly and very, very lively. The breeder told me that the mother is not her first boxer and her previous ones have never had any serious health trouble. The breeder said that she will have one more litter and keep a pup from it to show, she hasnt shown any of the previous litter or will show this litter because she wants to wait for her children to get a bit older so she can leave them alone. The pups are going to the vets next week and she will call me and let me know the outcome to see if I want to change my mind. Does all this sound good to you guys? Thanks again for your help.

HannaBanana 02-20-2009 07:54 PM

Re: Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)
Ahhhh sound good? No, as even sometimes when parents clear testing, something can pop up when breeding an offspring. Sounds horrible - nope - middle of the road to me. If you feel good about them, know they will be there to answer anything and everything, agree with their breeding practices, then thats all IMO that matters. Good Luck, and keep us posted.

earnieche 02-25-2009 02:41 PM

Re: Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)
Hi, just got a call from the breeder who has been to the vets today and she said that my pup may have a heart murmer. All the other pups are fine but this one may have had a murmer, the vet was not positive. I can pick him up on Tues and the breeder suggests that I get him checked by my vet and if he/she finds one I can have a full refund. Is it murmers that are graded? if so is a murmer always a very bad thing? Thanks

HannaBanana 02-25-2009 05:30 PM

Re: Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)
Murmurs in puppies are kinda common. Many of them (murmurs) go away as they grow, but best to have them checked by your vet to see if he hears it. They can do tests such as an echo to see and grade the murmur. Yes murmurs are graded -

Here are some info on them -

Hedgey 02-25-2009 05:51 PM

Re: Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)

Thats a site where you can check out some uk bloodlines from the pedigree names and if they have had any heart probs

earnieche 02-25-2009 06:42 PM

Re: Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)
Thanks for the guys, this has put my mind to rest. I was expecitng to be told to walk away and leave the little guy but this does not sound anywhere near as serious as I first thought. Im picking him up on Tuesday, cant wait :up:

zulu 02-26-2009 04:30 AM

Re: Help deciding whether to buy(in UK)
Awwww congrats on sticking with your pup :clap2:

Lots of babies have them and some just grow out of them as they get older >:D<

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.