Has anyone bought a pup from Landos breeders? - Page 2 - Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Go Back   Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums > About Boxers and Breeders > Breeding Info > Finding a Breeder

BoxerForums.com is the premier Boxer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 104
Default

Sandra, I hope you can ignore all the nastiness that is being thrown around on your thread. If you don't have a good gut-feeling about this breeder, then I wouldn't bother with them. Those who have had experience with the breeder have told you their experience, but it's also good to visit and ask for all documentation.
__________________


Maddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Power User
 
Fraserbw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineorr View Post
Hey I'm not saying anything about a guarantee, but I'll tell you what, a breeder who does health testing IS GOING TO ADVERTISE AS SUCH!!! I don't give a shit if she coddles her puppies or they have a good home. Really, I don't. I think it's also a crock she has fostering on there. Why? So she can produce as many pups as possible to make as much money as possible. So sorry to offend you. But dogs with champion lines and numerous numerous champion "get" have proven pedigrees. Hell, I don't even give a shit cuz I could go to the ABC and find my female's sire right there under SIRES OF MERIT! duh. The breeder I got my female from posts her pedigrees along with her health testing. No shit someone can copy and paste, but I can just call OFA or whoever did any other tests to verify it, can't I? And who cares about hips -- I'm talking DM. Do you even know what DM is? How about Holters. Damn, put a pic up there with your dog being holtered. Just show something that you give a shit about their health... I see nothing of the sort.

And this comment:
"How many so called reputable breeders offer 3 year guarantee on heart,hips and temperment."
Come on I want to see a list of the breeders that can make that claim."

By far the stupidist comment I've seen yet on this forum.
-----------------------------------
And this is by far one of the rudest post that I have seen on this site... You certainly bombed your temperament tests

Do you even know the details of her foster program? Do you know that she pays major medical on these foster dogs? No because you are just another close minded snub! no questions just quick to judge on a preformed biased opinion based on a generalization of Other bad breeders and what other breeders have done. I think when that happens its called prejudice... are you a prejudice person? Should I assume that and therefore shoot down all your opinions? Come on get the facts...

As for DM:
a condition in older dogs that effects the spinal cord and results in a loss of coordination and paralysis of the hind legs... This is genetic and the gene can be tested for...

I had a german sheperd that suffered from this because of poor breeding which i got when i was 5 and aided my family in providing a quality life for the dog.

And while we are on the topic do you know that Hip dysplasia is? What about PRA? CRS? ARVC? Do you know what tests are required to certify breeding stock?

Have you ever seen a boxer or; for that matter, any dog suffer from these disorders?

Have you searched for or contacted any parties involved with studding these litters? i have and I have the OFA reports.
__________________
Remember; white boxers need love too!
Fraserbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraserbw View Post
-----------------------------------
And this is by far one of the rudest post that I have seen on this site... You certainly bombed your temperament tests

Do you even know the details of her foster program? Do you know that she pays major medical on these foster dogs? No because you are just another close minded snub! no questions just quick to judge on a preformed biased opinion based on a generalization of Other bad breeders and what other breeders have done. I think when that happens its called prejudice... are you a prejudice person? Should I assume that and therefore shoot down all your opinions? Come on get the facts...

As for DM:
a condition in older dogs that effects the spinal cord and results in a loss of coordination and paralysis of the hind legs... This is genetic and the gene can be tested for...

I had a german sheperd that suffered from this because of poor breeding which i got when i was 5 and aided my family in providing a quality life for the dog.

And while we are on the topic do you know that Hip dysplasia is? What about PRA? CRS? ARVC? Do you know what tests are required to certify breeding stock?

Have you ever seen a boxer or; for that matter, any dog suffer from these disorders?

Have you searched for or contacted any parties involved with studding these litters? i have and I have the OFA reports.
__________________


Maddie is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
christineorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via Yahoo to christineorr
Default

I'm not a close-minded anything. I'm basing my OPINION on her website. Her website is LACKING. If, in fact, there is testing done by this breeder, she's causing others to judge her by the mere omission of such. To me, a site that is replete with junk, yet void of imperative information on testing, health of the dogs, pedigrees, etc., her REASON for breeding is waaaay out of the norm for a REPUTABLE breeder. Sorry, but I would move on, that's all. In MY mind, a site that doesn't mention one iota of health testing in her line obviously either doesn't see it as an important factor in anyone's mind when searching for a puppy or she just doesn't health test, period. And it shouldn't be left to the purchaser to guess that maybe the dogs are certified, she should at least provide information of such so that then you can verify it. Even a link to OFA of the dogs, but, of course, there's not one.

Yeah, and so glad you can google DM to get the definition... Yes, I know what tests ABC recommends for dogs in breeding programs. Do I NEED to know this? No. I'm not a breeder, but I've educated myself after getting burned before. Lack of knowledge and lack of education on what the standards are is what keeps BYBs in business.

And fostering should be paid for, but fostering, per se, is usually done when a dog NEEDS a home, like from the Humane Society or something, not preplanned fostering. Then their future is also planned by the mere fact it is to be bred to make more money off of pups... How could you NOT see that as wrong??? Most breeders only co-own to show or reproduce for show prospects, not glorified puppy-milling, because that is what one can infer since she mentions NO OTHER reason for her breeding. It's a front if I ever saw one, as I've never ever heard of such a thing.

Laws are now being passed about breeders and the maximum number of dogs they can own. This in MY opinion is just a way of getting around it by having others care for the dogs, yet benefiting from them. Do the foster "parents" get a "cut" of the money made from the pups??? Hmmm, I doubt it...

This is not even worth the effort of typing any longer... I'd rather look around to give or get NEEDED advice or help. All the OP was asking for was opinions; people looked at the site, gave opinions based on IT, THAT'S ALL!
__________________
Christine, proud mom of Hannah & Duke



Freeway, Brittney, Roxie... at the bridge

christineorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
christineorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via Yahoo to christineorr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
Are you kidding? You know, I'm not the ONLY one on this thread that said to move on...

Glorified puppy-milling.
__________________
Christine, proud mom of Hannah & Duke



Freeway, Brittney, Roxie... at the bridge

christineorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineorr View Post
Are you kidding? You know, I'm not the ONLY one on this thread that said to move on...

Glorified puppy-milling.
It wasn't the point of saying move on. If you read my first post, you'd see that I said to move on as well if they feel uncomfortable with the situation.

Your post was more than rude, and clearly I'm not the only who thought so. I agree on the fact that any and all responsible breeders would be proud to show off all documentation, but you don't have any experience with this breeder, and it could be on an asked for basis.

"Our breeding program includes only the very best of the German Bloodlines. German bloodlines whose dogs have proven themselves through stringent German testing. Only those boxers who pass the endurance, conformation, and workability and health tests can be part of a German breeding program."

Did you read the site at all? They are making a claim that their dogs are infact health tested, and I don't know about you, but I'd think that if they are making this claim on a public domain, they probably have some sort of documents to back it up. Maybe they don't have a copy on the website, but perhaps they would be more than happy to email/fax/mail a copy of anything you ask for. If you're so doubtful, why not even contact the breeder yourself and gain some insight?
__________________


Maddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Power User
 
Fraserbw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 670
Default

Close minded - unwilling to accept others opinion. Argumentative when their opinion is challenged.... Maybe you should google that...

As I have said if you read the post... I have had a DM German Shepard. I have carried one up and down stairs and watched him cry/whine as he slowly lost control of his bladder during the last month of his life. We tried the DVM treatments we suffered the reality with him... don't you dare claim that I googled to find out what DM is.

Get over yourself and let YOUR point go and let others give their opinion. Personally I have heard enough of your opinion. Why don't you find some PetMart/Petsmart Boxer owners and haggle them for a while. There are plenty of them on here

At least this individual would know where their boxers is from...
H
eck, here is a better idea... we could use google to compile a listing listing of breeders sites we can find so that you may pick them apart... we could point out how they could make them better and what information they are missing... hey they must all be missing something... Maybe some feed Raw... There must be an issue with that... Think of the sanitation issues... Not to mention the potential of puncturing bowls... Maybe with your help we can get them all up on animal cruelty charges. Darn... I just found on it TX... I didn't see central air or an air unit... Don't they know boxers are sensitive to extrema climates... its also missing information on pest control... Don't they know there are poisons snakes in TX? oh there is a chocolate lab in that picture... maybe they actually selling mix breeds... oh well at least they can now compete in AKC obedience trails so its not a complete loss... Oh this one has someone smoking in the background... I'm not sure if there is canibis in there... should I call the local PD to find out?

{point here being that you can always find something you do not like if you look hard enough. but yes I would have issue with the foster program if it was NOT clearly posted as part of her program.}
__________________
Remember; white boxers need love too!
Fraserbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
christineorr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via Yahoo to christineorr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
It wasn't the point of saying move on. If you read my first post, you'd see that I said to move on as well if they feel uncomfortable with the situation.


"Our breeding program includes only the very best of the German Bloodlines. German bloodlines whose dogs have proven themselves through stringent German testing. Only those boxers who pass the endurance, conformation, and workability and health tests can be part of a German breeding program."

Did you read the site at all? They are making a claim that their dogs are infact health tested, and I don't know about you, but I'd think that if they are making this claim on a public domain, they probably have some sort of documents to back it up. Maybe they don't have a copy on the website, but perhaps they would be more than happy to email/fax/mail a copy of anything you ask for. If you're so doubtful, why not even contact the breeder yourself and gain some insight?
I think you need to look at my first post -- was NOT rude at all. I just said a breeder who health tests will say it. I said there's not a mention of health testing nor a pedigree. That's it!! I was attacked by merely stating my opinion and stating that I had never seen a forged pedigree.

And, YES, I looked at the site. You omitted essential wording to your quote. The rest of the paragraph read:

"Lando's Registered Kennels has started with these outstanding dogs to produce an extraordinary line of beautiful, strong, working boxers. A boxer with the brains and the brawn for the job; a boxer who will be a treasured part of the family."

STARTED with these dogs -- what, 15 years ago??? I am not bashing this breeder by ANY means, it's just an INCOMPLETE website or complete, based on what is actually done. And are you kidding, anyone can make ANY claim on ANY website. It's in the hands of the purchaser on whether to follow up with the claims.

Yeah, my dogs evolved from Germany too! DUH! Didn't they all?

But my female's sire is SOM. My male's sire is Ch & Grandsire SOM; hence a REASON for both of them being bred!
__________________
Christine, proud mom of Hannah & Duke



Freeway, Brittney, Roxie... at the bridge

christineorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
Advanced User
 
Quando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wildboxers View Post
I am assuming this is the breeder out of Canada. If so, I would pass. I see nothing about health testing and to have so many dogs you can bet they are all in a kennel. A good breeder usually only has a couple of boxers that they breed and usually only breed once a year at most per boxer. They are almost always welped in the home, not stuck outside in a kennel. This sounds like a money making project. I'm not going to use the term "puppy mill" because I have not seen how or where they live. But, it does sounds like a definate overabundance of boxer breeding. I would definately run the other way and look elsewhere.
Why would you pass if the breeder is out of Canada? Is that because you do not see any health testing or because you would in general not buy from a Canadian breeder?
Quando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Advanced User
 
Quando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineorr View Post
I'd say I agree with 2wildboxers. I looked at their site. A reputable breeder will yell from the rooftops about health testing. I see not one iota of ANY testing on their site, nor do I see a single pedigree. Once again, a good breeder will be PROUD of their dogs' pedigrees. When you click on a link to a certain dog, all there is is a picture. Okay, so there's a cute Boxer. What else? Just because a breeder has a quality website does not mean they have quality Boxers. Cannot stress enough the words HEALTH TESTING, HEALTH TESTING, HEALTH TESTING!!!! And also proof thereof.

Good luck.

And I DO NOT have any history with this breeder, let alone bitter history. It's a mere fact that if you have healthy dogs and they've been proven as such by testing, you're NOT going to omit that from your website.

If a breeder is claiming it is health testing, what would be your next step?
Quando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum