Where did you get your puppy from - Page 6 - Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Go Back   Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums > All About Our Favorite Breed > General Boxer Forum

BoxerForums.com is the premier Boxer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #51 (permalink)
Power User
 
MattyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milton, ON
Posts: 438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip18 View Post
Found it!
https://www.boxerforums.com/breed-sta...cts-myths.html

To my understanding Flashy to Flashy "can" produce 25% White not "will" but "could"!

My questions now would be:

If the "Whites" disappeared??
What would happen to the Flashies??
That is actually a very interesting question!
Since colour is specifically linked to genetics with this breed, I think it would actually be impossible to still have flashy dogs and not have white dogs.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Matty M
MattyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #52 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 4,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyM View Post
That is actually a very interesting question!
Since colour is specifically linked to genetics with this breed, I think it would actually be impossible to still have flashy dogs and not have white dogs.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Yep, that's pretty much the way I would lean. But the doggies show crowd loves the Flashies! But the Whites (I'm gonna go easy here) and say were being culled and can't be shown...not much in the way of gratitude there...just saying!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK Over Size Wl GSD 2007-2017
chip18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #53 (permalink)
Power User
 
MattyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milton, ON
Posts: 438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip18 View Post
Yep, that's pretty much the way I would lean. But the doggies show crowd loves the Flashies! But the Whites (I'm gonna go easy here) and say were being culled and can't be shown...not much in the way of gratitude there...just saying!
Actually........
There is a group of show people that truly feel that white should be added to the allowed colours for the breed.
It is starting to be recognised that sometimes, it is the white puppy(ies) in the litter that are the most conformationally correct.
Most of these people are found in Europe, but there are a few here in North America!
Also, since colour is genetically connected, breeding a white to a plain will give you a litter of 100% flashy puppies!!
I personally feel that a properly health tested (and cleared) boxer that best meets the breed standard is more important then the colour of its coat.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Matty M
MattyM is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #54 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 4,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyM View Post
Actually........
There is a group of show people that truly feel that white should be added to the allowed colours for the breed.
It is starting to be recognised that sometimes, it is the white puppy(ies) in the litter that are the most conformationally correct.
Most of these people are found in Europe, but there are a few here in North America!Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I thought I had read something to that effect,somewhere...thus demonstrating my problem with finding it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyM View Post
Also, since colour is genetically connected, breeding a white to a plain will give you a litter of 100% flashy puppies!!,
I personally feel that a properly health tested (and cleared) boxer that best meets the breed standard is more important then the colour of its coat.
Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Aww, I think I get it...BYB! Struddell my baby girl!
I was gonna ask but I already know!

Flashy to White = mostly White!

Strudell's (Avatar) was a clone of her mom,her dad was a Flashie! The litter was mostly White with one Brindle!

So it was not an accident that he "happen" to have White Boxers for sale!
That is..."No reputable Breeder would breed to White!"

It took nine years but it cost her,her hips...

Now I know...
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK Over Size Wl GSD 2007-2017
chip18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #55 (permalink)
Super User
 
Katielovesleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Crosby, Texas
Posts: 1,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyM View Post
Actually........
There is a group of show people that truly feel that white should be added to the allowed colours for the breed.
It is starting to be recognised that sometimes, it is the white puppy(ies) in the litter that are the most conformationally correct.
Most of these people are found in Europe, but there are a few here in North America!
Also, since colour is genetically connected, breeding a white to a plain will give you a litter of 100% flashy puppies!!
I personally feel that a properly health tested (and cleared) boxer that best meets the breed standard is more important then the colour of its coat.


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I agree 100%!!!!


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
__________________
“Moving around or talking too much while training your dog is like singing in the ear of a math student while they are trying to work out an algebra problem" -Karen Pryor
Katielovesleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #56 (permalink)
Power User
 
Dukeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 665
Default

Duke was my first puppy purchased. I'm 20 years old, 19 when I bought him. I paid 1200 for him and really only paid for him to be neutered and have one cyst removed. He has some sort of allergy but he has had no health issues since. When I bought him I thought he was from a reputable breeder. Now I'm wondering. They have been breeding for over 30 years and breed from a specific European blood line. They never breed the female more than once per year. And they are registered with the ckc. A few months after he came home we received a document stating the purity of the pup. Now I'm not 100% of the health testing because I did nt deal with her directly. My brother did since he had bought from her before. I asked her some general questions about hip dysplasia and cardiomyopathy via email and she claims they have no genetic issues nor have they had any issue with cysts. (I mentioned duke had one removed) she did admit that in the 1980s er father had a puppy with a low grade heart murmur that grew out of it (what ever that means) but nothing since. Now I'm second guessing about the quality considering I don't know much with this beig my first puppy. Don't et me wrong I love him to pieces and wouldn't trade him for a show dog any day but I tend to get very anxious when it comes to his health and worry for no apparent reason. So if anyone has any input that would be lovely


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Jessica

People who say diamonds are a girl's best friend clearly never owned a boxer
Duke, 02-13-2012
Dukeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #57 (permalink)
Power User
 
MattyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milton, ON
Posts: 438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeyman View Post
Duke was my first puppy purchased. I'm 20 years old, 19 when I bought him. I paid 1200 for him and really only paid for him to be neutered and have one cyst removed. He has some sort of allergy but he has had no health issues since. When I bought him I thought he was from a reputable breeder. Now I'm wondering. They have been breeding for over 30 years and breed from a specific European blood line. They never breed the female more than once per year. And they are registered with the ckc. A few months after he came home we received a document stating the purity of the pup. Now I'm not 100% of the health testing because I did nt deal with her directly. My brother did since he had bought from her before. I asked her some general questions about hip dysplasia and cardiomyopathy via email and she claims they have no genetic issues nor have they had any issue with cysts. (I mentioned duke had one removed) she did admit that in the 1980s er father had a puppy with a low grade heart murmur that grew out of it (what ever that means) but nothing since. Now I'm second guessing about the quality considering I don't know much with this beig my first puppy. Don't et me wrong I love him to pieces and wouldn't trade him for a show dog any day but I tend to get very anxious when it comes to his health and worry for no apparent reason. So if anyone has any input that would be lovely


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Aside from your puppy's registration papers, did the breeder also provide you with the parents' health clearances (x-rays, cardiac holster results, etc)?


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Matty M
MattyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:19 AM   #58 (permalink)
Power User
 
Dukeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 665
Default

Not that I know of. They didn't send any but I don't know if my brother asked for them on site. I wasn't there directly so I'm not 100%. I'm going to look at what we have in his file tomorrow


Sent from Petguide.com Free App
__________________
Jessica

People who say diamonds are a girl's best friend clearly never owned a boxer
Duke, 02-13-2012
Dukeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #59 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
Kaco Boxers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kawartha Lakes, Ontario
Posts: 6,908
Default

Any breeder that claims to have had no health issues is lying....plain and simple. Though we do thoroughly health test there is never a guarantee that a dog won't get cancer, kidney disease, hip dysplasia or have heart issues. What health testing does do is it significantly decreases the risk of these things from happening.
__________________
Kari ~ Keeper, servant and mommy to the following crew


**Proudly Raw fed since 2009**

www.kacoboxers.com
Kaco Boxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #60 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
Mom2Rocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,201
Default

We all start somewhere.. Many of us do not know the difference between a byb and reputable breeder so do not beat yourself up about having a dog from a less than stellar breeder. We all live and learn.

I found Rocky in a online newspaper ad when searching for my first boxer. He's from a not so great breeder.

Numa came from Kellaney Kennel in Serbia. I've admired their dogs for many years and feel very blessed for the opportunity to have her here in the US with me.
__________________

Lisa owned by Numa & Rocky
WildRiver Boxers
Mom2Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum