HELP ME! That's SCAREY... - Page 2 - Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums
Go Back   Boxer Forum : Boxer Breed Dog Forums > All About Our Favorite Breed > General Boxer Forum

BoxerForums.com is the premier Boxer Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2019, 08:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
TheBoxerPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip18 View Post
WOW well that sucked and I can well imagine that was "Scary" in the extreme! That kinda stuff fall's firmly into my "Crap Happens" category!



And the car's??? Would add an additional level of stress for you! And no ... your not gonna chase them down??? But that was a pretty heads up solution you found based on what she knew! Pretty heads up, you did good! And you handled her recovery well! The only thing I would add is "Sit on the Dog!"



But yeah "Boxers" and uh apparently ... "Boxer/Pit's" are particularly "Slippery" Dog's?? They can "chuck" a collar at will, if they feel the need?? They only "tolerate them to humor us.



My first Boxer/Mix puppy Stewie, could chuck his collar at will?? If crap was going down ... "he was like I don't need this stuff on me!" And he would do whatever in a blink and he was collar free?? But no big deal as he would "still stand right by my side??" He just did not want the "crap on him!" So no big deal with him. But "Bella" doubled down on that crap! She slipped a "Harness!!!" Open desert after a bunny and she was "Gone!" So yeah "Not" my Struddell! She was gone for 24 hours and then we got her back ... another story



But Motorcycle's were nothing I ever a thought to??? None of "my other dog's cared??" But I almost Bella on our second walk when I Harley with the stereo blaring came around the corner we were standing on and she "tried" to dart in the street after it??? I was fumbling with the long leash and had to much slack to stop her??? Buttt ... I did have my stick and slammed it down in front of her!! That stopped her cold and now I know! But yeah she did try again a few months later. I'd forgotten she did that crazy crap and on a walk a Quad Runner came around the corner and she tried again??? But on a six leash this time so she did not get far, still. It's certainly gonna be a bit before she is off leash on walks, sigh if ever???



I have never seen a dog do that kinda crap before??? Somethings, some dog's ... you just don't know???
Gone for 24 hours.... I think i would have had a heartattack! You have gotta tell the full story...

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
TheBoxerPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-02-2019, 10:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
chip18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dayton NV
Posts: 4,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoxerPrincess View Post
Gone for 24 hours.... I think i would have had a heartattack! You have gotta tell the full story...

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
Yeah I will ... but not one of my better moments?? I'm still making up ground, "because" Bella, is not a "BOB!"

If Bella were a "BOB" ... no big deal. But in "Boxer World" two females ... is not a good thing! And I "wanted" another White American Line, FEMALE, Boxer and I did not care ... how long it took to find one I could afford! Period ... end of story!!

But my "better half thought otherwise??" So I got roped into "Bella??" And they were good people but yeah pretty clueless?? As you "don't"give away a fully intact "Pit Boxer" mix for uh ... "Free!" That is either a "Bait Dog" or a "Iliget" breed looking for a place to happen! Cuz I can pretty much guarantee, that "Bella" mated with a PB Boxer ... would produce puppies that "looked" like a PB Boxer! I have to tell people often that ... "No she is not a Boxer, she is a APBT/Boxer mix! And some folks argue with me?? OK then???

Well frankly I was like "whatever" ... not my choice anyway! But "Marilyn" was "destroyed" when I told her "Bella" was gone?? Sigh ... so I spent that night in the "Parking Lot" at "Dollar General" in and out of the car and uh talking to cops, at 3 am and you know as a (Black Guy, that was fun) !!! And when I had to go down into the "Creek Bed" at 3 am in the morning, following uh three Coyotes! Cause you know ... my "Dog, anyway!" And I did not hear death screams?? I figured well she is not still out there in the desert alone and afraid?? I don't know where she is ...but she is "clearly not here??? I went home.

And yep ... I was correct and nope she was not in the creek at night at all !! It seems she is not quite the "Ding Bat" I thought she was?? It worked out fine after all. But yeah I'll do a thread for the "Rest of the story."
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaru1pvCHOU

Gunther Mastiff/Pit Mix 2000-2010
Heidi Brindel Boxer 2000-2000
Struddell White Boxer 2003-2013
Stewie Boxer/Pit Mix 2000-2001
Rocky BLK Over Size Wl GSD 2007-2017

Last edited by chip18; 12-02-2019 at 10:18 PM.
chip18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
BoxerForums Addict
 
Lindar51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,763
Default

Oh no Chip i hand't heard the story of Bella being missing but I'm certainly glad you got hr back. I can't imagine hanging in a parking lot at 3am, I imagine that could be scary. Kai has been having an issue with his skin, been dandruff..y in spots and then when we brush it out he loses hair. Came to the conclusion it was a hot spot but he has some areas now. Been spraying it with some hot spot med we got on Amaon seems to be helping. But he really needs to be bathed weekly I think to get rid of it once and for all but its too cold right now. My poodle turned 2, can you believe it and Kai is already 5. Glad all turned out ok for everyone.
__________________
Lindar51 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-03-2019, 08:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
TheBoxerPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindar51 View Post
Oh no Chip i hand't heard the story of Bella being missing but I'm certainly glad you got hr back. I can't imagine hanging in a parking lot at 3am, I imagine that could be scary. Kai has been having an issue with his skin, been dandruff..y in spots and then when we brush it out he loses hair. Came to the conclusion it was a hot spot but he has some areas now. Been spraying it with some hot spot med we got on Amaon seems to be helping. But he really needs to be bathed weekly I think to get rid of it once and for all but its too cold right now. My poodle turned 2, can you believe it and Kai is already 5. Glad all turned out ok for everyone.
Have you tried coconut oil. I've used it a few times and it seems to help skin conditions really quickly. Also I cant imagine a Boxer and Poodle playing together.... are Poodles crazy too?

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
TheBoxerPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Power User
 
CynBoxerMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoxerPrincess View Post
I'm back with a new fun question. What random or funny things are your BOXERS scared of?

I'll get us started with one of mine.

MOTORBIKES!

When she was a very young pup on her first season we were on a slow easy walk around the city streets. I always wanted her to see as many things, and hear as many sounds as possible.

Anyway... suddenly out the blue a very very loud motorbike pulled up and she froze. They young guy sat their revving the engine and her fear levels shot up - lip licking, one paw up, making herself smaller, and tail tucked all the way under. All her stress signals going off at once.

It got worse. He mounted the pavement and continued to ride towards us. This was too much. She backed away, dipped her head, and slipped straight out of her collar (This was the first and only time she slipped her collar - and at this point she had NEVER been off lead in a public place!)

She made a run for it. Cars everywhere beeping their horns as she frantically ran for her life.

Naturally as a first time owner I went into panic mode and tried to chase her. She looked back but just ran away even faster! I thought she would surely get knocked over.

Then I remembered what games we played at home and how attached we already were. So I screamed her name (she was pretty far by now). As she looked I threw myself onto the floor and lay there hoping she would react.

Peeping I could now see she had stopped running and was standing totally still and looking at me.

She slowly crouched down a little so she was low to the ground, and started walking back towards me.

She was still very scared it felt like i was on the floor for 15mins (it was probably more like 15 secs) She eventually got close enough and I grabbed her, put her collar back on, and showered her with praise (she was still too scared to accept a treat - so lots of hugs and cuddles)

This was the start of a year long fear of Motorbikes and busy streets.

About 6 months ago I had enough and decided I will help her to get over it. So we started walking busy steers daily and I made it as fun as possible each time. Suddenly running then stopping, getting her to jump over stuff, pushing her around so she plays and jumps on me... and if a noisy bike passes by and her tail drops I don't let her run or hide. I act totally calm, get her to sit and to watch it go by - then if she stays calm I make a super big fuss of her and we run off playing again.

She is 100x better. But more work to do. Consistency pays off.

She is ANAZING!

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
Scary, and good job!

Bandit is afraid of new people and loud sounds outside...he will bark at any sound outside the house and get the other two going. LOL A good guard dog I guess. He's brave around other things like the vacuum, hair dryer, etc...if we are OK with it, he's usually OK.

Jax and Tundra are afraid of boxes...empty boxes..no idea why, but we do what we can to reassure them they OK and not gonna get them.
Tundra has never liked the sound of a trash bag..when you shake it to open it, he does not like it.
Jax doesn't like the vacuum or the hair dryer- while Bandit will want to play with it, Jax goes nuts barking at it and (if allowed) will try to chew on them.

The one sure way to get them all to run out of a room- pick up the ear cleaning fluid. We have to be sneaky about it because if they see it, they will dart out. Bandit used to be OK with it, but I think he thinks it's a game now because of how Jax and Tundra react when we pick it up.
CynBoxerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Power User
 
CynBoxerMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip18 View Post
Yeah I will ... but not one of my better moments?? I'm still making up ground, "because" Bella, is not a "BOB!"

If Bella were a "BOB" ... no big deal. But in "Boxer World" two females ... is not a good thing! And I "wanted" another White American Line, FEMALE, Boxer and I did not care ... how long it took to find one I could afford! Period ... end of story!!

But my "better half thought otherwise??" So I got roped into "Bella??" And they were good people but yeah pretty clueless?? As you "don't"give away a fully intact "Pit Boxer" mix for uh ... "Free!" That is either a "Bait Dog" or a "Iliget" breed looking for a place to happen! Cuz I can pretty much guarantee, that "Bella" mated with a PB Boxer ... would produce puppies that "looked" like a PB Boxer! I have to tell people often that ... "No she is not a Boxer, she is a APBT/Boxer mix! And some folks argue with me?? OK then???

Well frankly I was like "whatever" ... not my choice anyway! But "Marilyn" was "destroyed" when I told her "Bella" was gone?? Sigh ... so I spent that night in the "Parking Lot" at "Dollar General" in and out of the car and uh talking to cops, at 3 am and you know as a (Black Guy, that was fun) !!! And when I had to go down into the "Creek Bed" at 3 am in the morning, following uh three Coyotes! Cause you know ... my "Dog, anyway!" And I did not hear death screams?? I figured well she is not still out there in the desert alone and afraid?? I don't know where she is ...but she is "clearly not here??? I went home.

And yep ... I was correct and nope she was not in the creek at night at all !! It seems she is not quite the "Ding Bat" I thought she was?? It worked out fine after all. But yeah I'll do a thread for the "Rest of the story."
Glad she's OK. That would a one long day for sure.
CynBoxerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Power User
 
CynBoxerMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsmom View Post
Wow yeah, you are a pretty awesome trainer/owner! And you Princess is gorgeous!
Um Snowball is afraid of anything loud and unknown lol she was sheltered living in the country until I got her at 7.5 months. We went to this dog training class when I first brought her home and it was in a pet store. During the training some loud noise (a vent, door opening, shelf moving - something) came from right behind us and I happened to be sitting on the floor with her. She kind of cowered & backed up a bit and then climbed into my lap & wouldn't move lol
She still does this when she gets scared lol she will sit on my foot if I'm not sitting down.


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
So sweet. Bandit will get the other two barking at things in the backyard and then run in and get right next to us or on our laps.
CynBoxerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Power User
 
CynBoxerMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab4Us View Post
So only had Thor for 2 months now, and heís still learning to walk on a leash. I have two other big dogs that need walking, so itís a work in progress. He still finds lots of stuff to bark at on our neighborhood walks, but the funniest are the realtor signs with pictures of the realtor...apparently he thinks they are actually people, jumps back about two feet when he realizes itís there, then barks at it trying to make it go away (until we do the ďThor, sit, treat, Thor, quiet, treat, Thor, come, treat). Treats, of course, dependent on success.

Then thereís the time he saw the giant lady on the plumbing truck parked in front of a house. Thought he was going to have a stroke!
Too funny. I'd watch him near a TV for sure...our boys have shown some interest when there were horses on the TV.
CynBoxerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Power User
 
CynBoxerMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindar51 View Post
Oh no Chip i hand't heard the story of Bella being missing but I'm certainly glad you got hr back. I can't imagine hanging in a parking lot at 3am, I imagine that could be scary. Kai has been having an issue with his skin, been dandruff..y in spots and then when we brush it out he loses hair. Came to the conclusion it was a hot spot but he has some areas now. Been spraying it with some hot spot med we got on Amaon seems to be helping. But he really needs to be bathed weekly I think to get rid of it once and for all but its too cold right now. My poodle turned 2, can you believe it and Kai is already 5. Glad all turned out ok for everyone.
I hope his hair is doing better. It's hard to believe the poodle is already 2!
Have you tried fish or omega oil vitamins? I forget which it was our vet tech said helps with their fur, but I'm sure you can find it online. That may help from the inside....
CynBoxerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Experienced User
 
TheBoxerPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBoxerMom View Post
Scary, and good job!



Bandit is afraid of new people and loud sounds outside...he will bark at any sound outside the house and get the other two going. LOL A good guard dog I guess. He's brave around other things like the vacuum, hair dryer, etc...if we are OK with it, he's usually OK.



Jax and Tundra are afraid of boxes...empty boxes..no idea why, but we do what we can to reassure them they OK and not gonna get them.

Tundra has never liked the sound of a trash bag..when you shake it to open it, he does not like it.

Jax doesn't like the vacuum or the hair dryer- while Bandit will want to play with it, Jax goes nuts barking at it and (if allowed) will try to chew on them.



The one sure way to get them all to run out of a room- pick up the ear cleaning fluid. We have to be sneaky about it because if they see it, they will dart out. Bandit used to be OK with it, but I think he thinks it's a game now because of how Jax and Tundra react when we pick it up.
Hahaha ear cleaning fluid. That's a classic.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
TheBoxerPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum