||05-29-2013 04:03 PM
More Treats For The Puppies
Tried this one today and it is quick and easy to make. Reminds me of the chocolate oatmeal drop cookies we made when I was a kid. The doggies loved them! Nice size batch for multiple dogs.
Peanut Butter Oat Balls
- 1/2 cup milk, low or fat free
- 1 cup peanut butter, natural or organic
- 3 cups rolled oats
Storing & Yield: These peanut butter dog treats will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can freeze them for up to 4 months. Learn more about dog treat and dog food storage. The yield is approximately 32, 1" balls.
Tips & Techniques
- Stir vigorously to combine the first two ingredients in a large bowl.
- Slowly stir (and mash) in the oats, about a 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture will be very thick.
- Scoop out the peanut butter balls with a cookie scooper. Then roll with damp hands until you create a uniform ball shape.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Natural Peanut Butter - Regular peanut butter does not have as much moisture as the natural and organic varieties. So, if you choose to use a regular peanut butter, you may need to add more milk to help the mixture hold together.
- Milk - If your dog is sensitive to dairy products, you can use soy or other nut milks in place of the cows milk.
- Sheet Pan - You will need to fit these homemade dog treats in the refrigerator, so be sure to use a sheet pan, or other flat pan with a ridge, to cool these treats.
||05-29-2013 04:39 PM
Oh boy, I might have to stop at the store on the way home. I have everything but the rolled oats.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by
vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.