Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Maybe she is just cold? Puppies are used to laying in their puppy piles together no being on their own maybe try holding her when she sleeps and keep her warm if she continues to do it you may need to have her checked by a Vet is she getting fed 3x a day?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Seven Week's is a bit young to be living Mama. 8 week's is the norm. Doesn't seem like a big deal but I am not a Breeder. Is she sleeping in a Crate???

Oh and Welcome Aboard. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Actually now you brought it up Chip 8 weeks is the norm for puppies to go home. That week can make a difference she probably is cold and feeling nervous to be alone.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Yep ... could be a week to early??? And probably in a Crate?? Crating would certainly be the most normal and sensible choice, wIth a puppy. :)

I know I saw a Boxer Breeder, that did not place there puppies until they were 12 week's old. That had to do with the "Fear Period Thing." 13 weeks it can happen again I think?? And they wanted to help there pup's thru it before placing them. On the other hand, if one does there job right?? You'll never even be aware of "Fear Period's??"

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Puppies always will have fears Periods. Socializtion already starts at 3-5 weeks old with their litter mates and the mama dog. They start to learn impulse control as if they bite at her with those shark teeth she will correct them. After 5 weeks they get more curious and still feel protected with the mama dog and their littermate so they usually are pretty fearless. By the time they are 7 or 8 weeks old they need to be exposed more social interactions and its a good time for them to hear different sounds, experience different textures , see and hear all kinds of noises. This is when you have a good breeder and they expose them. By the time they are 8 weeks old they are ready to go to their forever home and should continue to be socialized but you don't push it, you expose them but you show them you protect them and you tred lightly as this is a fear period. I u usually last till they are 11-13 weeks old so if they become traumatized you may have a big job on your hands later. There is usually a 2nd for period but it is on and off anytime from 8 months old till mature, which is considered to be about 18 months. I don't think this is this puppies problem shaking when sleeping, she is probably cold and should be kept warm. She is now all alone from her mama and littermtes, If it continues a vet should certainly check her out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts