Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just a quick one. Titan is 5 months old and appears to only have 1 testicle. I've been researching this on the Web and it seems fairly common in Boxers. Should I wait until he's a bit older to bring him to the vet to get it checked out?

Dog Fawn Dog breed Snout Human leg

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Both his testIckes should have dropped and yes that will probably need to be checked out by the vet. What they will probably recommend is for him to be neutered if he is cryptorchid because if one testicle remains inside there is a chance it could turn cancerous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

Just a quick one. Titan is 5 months old and appears to only have 1 testicle. I've been researching this on the Web and it seems fairly common in Boxers. Should I wait until he's a bit older to bring him to the vet to get it checked out?

View attachment 136958

By boy is the same.. He just turned 7 months old yesterday. His vet did do an exam, confirmed one didn't drop. Said that yes, both should have, and that getting him neutered is the best option, as that can turn cancerous. He said waiting until he's 1 years old will be fine and that it's not hurting or harming him in any way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts