Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~Author Unknown

1.     My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years, and any separation
will be stressful for me. Remember that before you take me home.

2.    Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3.    Place your trust in me - it's crucial to my well-being.

4.    Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You
have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I have only you.

5.    Talk to me sometimes. I may not understand your words, but I do
understand your voice when it speaks to me.

6.    Be aware that however you choose to treat me, I'll never forget it.

7.    Remember before you hit me, that I have teeth that could easily crush
the bones of your hand. Remember also, that I choose not to use them.

8.    Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask
yourself if something might be bothering me - perhaps my food, or the
hot sun.

9.    Take care of me when I get old -  you too, will be old someday.

10.    Please go with me on my last journey. Don't say "I can't bear to
watch," or "let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you
are there. Remember, I love you.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
o.k. now that one made me tear up. that was well put. i might print that out and hang it in sumya's room  above her crate . it should be read by all who enter her room :D

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Gosh, where are you finding all this good stuff??? It reminds me of when I could not bear to see my first boxer put down and how I regretted that decision ever since. Now, I make it a point to be the last face they see before they are put down - I feel like I owe them at least that much for giving me so many wonderful years of unconditional love.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ok, after I quit crying, I went back and read it again and again.....Very true and I think it should be in puppy contracts.....

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Gave me the chills, they ask for so little and give so much.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
THAT WAS WONDERFUL !!! I AM GOING TO TAKE THAT AND PHOTOSHOP IT ONTO A COLLAGE PIC OF MY DOGS AND FRAME IT..if you dont mind

THAT WAS WONDERFUL AND ID LIKE TO REPLACE THE PICTURE ON THE WALL AT THE HUMANE SOCIETY HERE WITH THE ONE I MAKE WITH THAT ON IT...

( pic on the wall there of us and both dogs "2006 most sucessful adoption(s)" ..

got both dogs there and both were listed to die for being unadoptable...
Onyx for being shy when he really was just scared and bad off with kennel cough...
and Isis for being emaciated and deaf she NEVER even made it out front.

thank you for that..it really made my day..they asked for an updated pic the other day and i have been thinking about it...the 2007 winner passed away a few months ago :(

G

·
0 Posts
You know that is so true...some people never look at the real facts when it comes to animals they could hurt ,scare or even kill us if they wanted but they have so much love to give they don't even when they are being mistreated they still wag their tails give kisses and make you feel like you are a million dollars...I have only had to put one animal down and my x-hubby tried to make me leave cause I was pregnant but I told him he could be a coward and leave but I wanted to be the last thing meya saw before she closed her eyes(wich she didn't kinda made me sad they go so fast I was expecting different and was upset when it was just done no warning but atleast it was quick) if more people thoght like dogs and acted like they do the world would be a better place...no one could ask for a better love then from a dog..that is why I am singal and have my kids on my own I yet to find a man who loves animals like I do and feels like I do about them....lol I take in strays care for them rescue animals big or small wild or demestic they are all loveable to me.....oh god I blab way to much lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts