Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Does Dr. Meurs say why she sends you to Portland for holtering? She runs a holter rental/reading service, so it's a little odd that she'd not just do it there, but maybe all her monitors were out?

Thanks for clarifying that you show in IABCA; I expect they're not as strict about registrations as the AKC is, so the fact that the bitch wasn't registered at the time of breeding wouldn't be a deal-breaker like it is with AKC. :) I'll admit I'm still kind of reeling at the stud fee you were charged, especially with that hip status, but then again I'd imagine lots of people would be reeling at the 6,000 miles I drove to get a breeding for my last litter! :eek: Never underestimate the lengths to which a breeder will go to breed to the ideal stud dog, eh? :D

I agree about adding health testing information/philosophy to your website. You don't have to list the results, since they (some of them) change every year, but some general information on what tests you do is definitely helpful and will encourage the best prospective owners to contact you for further information, rather than just skipping you entirely because it appears as if you don't do any real health testing at all. (That's a generic "you", really, it applies to any breeder.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello

Yes, I came back again !!
Ti-amo is 4 years old ( I got her in April) 2009 & like I said before I had no reason to believe the papers would NOT be transfered.
I do have copies of her FCI and CKC but they do me no good. I have contacted CKC as I mentioned before & yes, Ti-amo is registered so the copies that I have are legit .... seems she hasn't paid her dues either, CKC is very helpful ... much more then AKC.
I am actually by-passing the person that I got her from & have a friend working with Elisabeth Von Brunnen kennel to help me, I only need her FCI (not copies) might be a long shot ??? Ti-amo had two litters with Serena & I agreed to only breed her once which would be her 3rd. My girls are bred 3 times and they are spayed.
Also as far as showing IABCA does require the dog be registered which is why I cannot show Ti-amo,
they do accept other registries though and are judged by AKC judges. I enjo the IABCA shows ... the people are friendly and is is not as political as AKC shows. The people can wear what they want & the dogs don't have to stand perfectly still like statues, it's also a great place for puppies to gain experience.
Also as I posted before they add was written with respect for other breeders of REGISTERED puppies for sale in the area. That is why it is generic. I do release my health testing info to my puppy owners & they go home with a packet containing copies of all.

Everyone here have beautiful Boxers & I love the pics!
Thank you for all of the helpful input.

sami

·
Registered
8 Posts
Angelo's hip status is good. I know the breeder & I know the lines
Sire; Toekaan van de Boksdoorn Dam; Yra van de Boksdoorn.
He has a blood panel once a year too to screen for other defects. He is now 10 years old
& has never had a surgery except for his ear crop.
I would pay the stud fee many times over for the quality of pups that I get. It beats importing a pup & hoping he/she looks as great when they get here as they did in their pics. I get to choose from my whole litter :D
I have copies of his tests too.

Angelo van de boksdoorn:
test results and info.
Dob Septmeber 06.2000.

Health test2

Hips; good

Heart; clear

Thyroid; normal

Cancer; free

Liver Kidney function; normal

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sami, I apologize for my rudeness..I was somewhat taken back when some of my questions weren't answered...most breeders I talk to insist they do health testing before they've bred their dog...just to find out their version of health testing means getting the dog a physical before the breeding. Every breeder states they have high quality puppies, every breeder... So, I've learned to be very specific. Thank you for the clarification. And....yes I agree with gotlucky...stating what health tests were done on the parents would of put alot of us here at ease, and be more beneficial for you in finding knowledgable good boxer homes for your babies. But no matter what $400 is a very good deal for one of your boxers.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Sami,

The test was evaluated in Germany, right?

HD A = Free
HD B = Borderline
HD C = light form of HD
HD D = middle form of HD
HD E = heavy form of HD

It is always nice to have HD A, but B is fine if you cann breed with other dogs that have HD A

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes, he was x-rayed here in the states & received "Good". He was young when he came here, I think about 8 months so his testing in Germany was done at a very young age. I don't know if they re test them over there as they get older ... I would assume that they do ?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. He's not in the OFA database, so anyone looking can only go with what's on Kim's website. The pedigree shows that his hips were x-rayed in Germany just after he turned 2 years old, though (or maybe the films were sent there?).

This is a good example of why listing what tests are done on a website, but not necessarily the results, might be a better option - it saves on confusion! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sami,

Just wanted to let you know that we also had problems with Sadoren Boxers.We purchased a puppy from them in January 2009.He is supposed to be purebred,tattooed and ckc registered,we have yet to find a tattoo on him and have not recieved any registeration papers as of yet.We do have blood line papers from his mother Ti amo.

So from the looks of it we both may have been taken from this byb :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also purchased a boxer from Serena at Sadoren. Paperwork also an issue. I was told the puppy received 2 sets of shots before exchange at 12 weeks but have no proof in the form of documentation. Did anyone else with a Sadoren experience receive a medical booklet? or proof of shots?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
(Sidenote... Sami, welcome to the forum!! I don't know about other people, but if I were a prospective buyer, I think it would be GREAT if you posted a list of all the specific health tests you do, on your website! I don't think it is a waste of space at all. Rather, it would show people you care and instil more trust when they first go to your site.)[/QUOTE]

I agree!! In my search for a puppy, if I didn't see anything about health testing on the breeder's website, I assumed it was probably a BYB and moved on to the next one. I would DEFINITELY post that info.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've personally met Sami when I picked up Mya (Undiene Von Liebsthal) at the airport. She is passionate about breeders and is very serious at what she does. She was actually there to pick up one of Mya's sisters as well. Mya's has Boksdorn Pedigree. SHe was to use one of Mya's sisters for her breeding. Both were sired by the famous Angelo.

She was also there to pick up Horas (van de Bosksdorn) to use as a stud.

The stud Angelo that she mentioned is Mya's dad. Great pedigree that originates in Europe. I got Mya from a breeder that is friends with Sami.

Also, Primo Von Holland who is owned by CharlieBoxer (Brennan) is one of her pups.

Adding pictures of Angelo and Mya. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Welcome Sami. There are a few of us here who have Boxers from US Kennels that import dogs bred to compete for Schutzhund titles. The majority of pups go to active working homes. The US Boxer Association site gives information on these kennels and their activities.

I'm not a breeder, and certainly can't give any comments about your kennel. I'm not being confrontational, but had a couple questions.

Some of the imports who've done well in Schutzhund are extremely high-drive, independent dogs. How is that bred out of them so that they make a suitable family pet? My experience is that they can be lovely family dogs, but they do need an outlet like tracking, advanced obedience, agility, etc.

I notice you mention the following trainer on your site.

http://bobsk9.com/

I don't know this trainer, but wonder if he is doing Schutzhund training, and what qualifications he has. My concern would be that a new, novice Boxer owner might train their Boxer for protection work. There are only a few trainers in the US who really know what they're doing training Boxers in Schutzhund. Sadly, there are some breeders who've combined the US and Euro-bred for protection work. Would you discourage this?

Not to put you on the spot, just some concerns for discussion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To the two above posts,danroc,you have not ever sent neuter papers.With out them,registration is papers are with held,as per stated in the sale contract.Also,after a few emails,never heard from you again.
Same goes with Stella.And Stella; you must be the couple I met in Langford,whom were very tired from your trip and quickly picked up your pup.I handed you the vet booklet.I place my pups at 8 weeks old.There is NO WAY I told you that she had 2 sets of shots! It is also stated in the contract,which you signed and I still have a copy,that they receive their first set of vaccinations.Send me her spay certificate as stated in the contract.

And for all the others who need clarification,I would like you to look at all these beautiful dogs you are raving about from Schatten Boxers...all of her current females are either from me or out of my foundation.As well as 2 of Holland Boxers; and to date,have a close working relation ship between us.Sadoren Boxer produces outstanding Boxers that are a benefit to the Boxer breed.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
WOW! That's all I can say. When I miss things I do it in a BIG Texan way. LOL

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought my Zoe for $300. With no health guarntee, and she the most healthiest boxer i've ever seen an the breeder we got her from had papers for her mom, but not the dad. What was good when we bought her is that we seen her mom, grandma, and the other litter mates that were on site. After doing some thinking, she might be euro since she is 24-25 incehs tall and tipping the scale at 90-91 pounds.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts