Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I have been in search of a European boxer breeder for a while now... the search is proving to be a lot harder then i imagined to find a reputable breeder. Ive goggled "European Boxer Breeder" and came up with the usual. They either don't health test, have ripoff reports or I've found people with bad experiences on this site and others.

My husband and I prefer the look of the European boxer. Location isn't a problem because we are fine with shipping however, we want to lessen the chance of getting scammed which is why i turn to you all with personal recommendations. We won't we ready to bring a puppy into our lives until January 2015 and on so at the moment we are just looking to find the right breeder and be placed on the waiting list.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would really depend on the cost. I've always thought importing would be pretty complicated and expensive.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
You have to wait until they are 4 months old to be shipped from Canada. However one of the Canadian breeders on here wait until they are 12 weeks anyways (I'm pretty sure) before they let the pups go to the new homes.

Would you consider a rescue or are you dead set on a puppy?

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Yes rescues are always a great choice as they've been tested for temperament, are spayed/neutered and vet checked and treated before they are adopted out. Make sure you deal with an actual rescue organization :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are really set on getting a puppy and the European boxer look. Later in life we will go the route of rescuing but for now we want a puppy and to be able to raise it how we want to and have him grow with our children. We are also hoping to have less medical and temperament problems with a reputable breeder as well has a higher chance or our new baby living longer.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
You should check out your local rescue anyhow. They may have a young boxer (6-12 months) that will still be puppy-ish but old enough to be potty trained already which is a big bonus! :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I can give you a link to some breeders involved in protection work. They have very strict rules about temperament and health testing. You can contact me.

·
Registered
907 Posts
You could contact some of the members from this website.
http://boxerswest.com

Be very careful with choosing a breeder when you want the European style in the US especially Texas. There are a ton of back yard breeders jumping on the Euro fad that you do not want to go to. The breeders above will all be health testing and breeding for the correct reason.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts