Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so every morning at work I eat my breakfast before I get started for the day while I am doing this I check over this website to see anything I have missed and I look at craigslist.   I always look in the best section because I like to look.  I seen this posting this morning.  I would love to take him but as most of you know I just got a brindle puppy last week and I don't think Adam would like it if I brought home another....4 dogs 1 tiny house!?! I don't think it would work.  

http://omaha.craigslist.org/pet/605841941.html

I know some people on here are looking for another puppy so I thought I would post it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Awww... what a cutie.

Thats how I got Harleigh....craigslist. I am on the pets section every day too. I like to browse...well thats what I was doing when my hand stumbled on the reply button and contacted the poster. :roll:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know.  he is super cute.  I wish I could have another one but I think Adam would freak if I brought home another puppy.  We already have two boxers (1yr old and 9wks old) and a lab mix (she's 3).  Our house isn't that big and when someone is in the kitchen they are all in there and our kitchen is small.  

(we also have two cats)

Just looking at his picture makes me want to take him home.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sooooo cute!  I love the brindle and white.  I want him!  Alas, we already have 2 dogs in a small house.  I hope he finds a super nice family.  Why did I click on that link???????

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ask myself that every day when I get on the website.  I emailed her to get more pictures.  There is another lady that posted early this week that her mother's boxer died and her moms in bad shape about it so she was looking for a boxer to give to her mom.  I emailed her about the posting so maybe?  Otherwise I will send the pictures to Adam until he caves and lets me bring him home   :wink: I don't think it will work but its worth a shot :) hee hee

·
Registered
880 Posts
Craigslist is addictive, I try not to look.  My mother has told me that I'm dog poor (you know how some people are house poor.)  When I was a teenager I once had four dogs (two rescues, two gifts) which is the max you can have here without a kennel license.  If there was a dog in need I was trying to take it home with me!

·
Registered
537 Posts
See the lady I got Harleigh from on craigslist didn't even think twice about handing her over to me. She of course, only had her for 2 days and was ready to get rid of her (as she had 3 young kids and couldn't handle it). I was the first responder and I took her home that night. I wasn't supposed to take her that night but to give her a deposit and for me to pick her up that Friday. She kept pushing me to take her that day (Tuesday). I told her the only way I could was if she would take a post dated check from me. So we wrote up an agreement and signed it and off I went. She didn't ask me where I lived, did I know about the breed...nothing! I was quite surprised it was so easy.

Edited to add that I probably paid more for her than I should have being on craigslist. The lady was looking to get what she paid for her and the stuff that I got with her....not a small rehoming fee. But I couldn't leave her there and I forked over what she was asking.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I could but if I have another dog then I have to get a kennel license....you can only have three dogs in our city.  Plus It would be so crazy with two puppies and I don't know how much Duke would like it either.  I'd have to get a bigger car :)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Boxer puppies go fast on that thing.   If they don't, the person with the ad is holding out for more money or something shady.  I've known some people who gave/sold dogs up on craigslist and they all told me they got like 50+ responses within 24 hours.  Most of these people are breeders just in it for the money anyway.  "Rehoming fee".....uhh yeah.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts