Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Alright.. I'm going to be honest... and sometimes honest can be seen as harsh..
The dog needs to go to the vet.. I couldn't care less that he won't take him.. you can take him.
The chances are he has some issues that need to be taken care of... and they may not be anything huge but he needs to be checked out.
If he is snapping at you when you move him, there is a chance something is painful.
Tell your guy to suck it up and do whats right.. have the dog checked out.
If he can't deal with it.. find you a new guy. I totally understand it's 'uncomfortable" and "hard" but that is part of owning a dog.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I hope my boys make it to and past 11 years. It's understandable that no one wants to hear bad news about their pet, however it is what it is and IMO the owner has the responsibility of making sure the dog is in good health and as comfortable as possible.

I agree it sounds like he's in pain, and while they can have sensitive stomachs and throw up sometimes, it should not be a frequent occurrence. How fast is he eating? Maybe he needs to slow down.

Without knowing where you are, if you are in the US, a lower cost option may be to go to Banfield in PetSmart and pay the monthly plan rate. There are fees for some tests and medicines, but it may be a way to get your finance to agree to take him to a vet.

If you are saving for a wedding, maybe you can offer to use some of that money to pay for his care.

If I were engaged, I'd argue that he'll be your furkid too soon and you want him to get the care he needs now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Two options:

1. Take him yourself or
2. Report your fiancé if he doesn’t take him.

This is animal cruelty. As an owner he has a responsibility. NO EXCUSES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
You know ... I'm gonna retract my original post. But on a point of pure logic everyone is correct here. :)

But Boxers are about more than logic?? Women I think tend to be realistic in circumstances like this??? Marily used to harp on me when Struddell got to be about 8 years old. She's getting old in dogs years shes an old lady! Blab, blab, blab I never saw it until DM started to rear it's ugly head??? I was in shock and denial and Struddell being White added to my confusion???

No greying off the muzzle, she looked the same at ten as she did at 4 years old??? I got slammed and couldn't think and could barely cope???

If your dog has made it to eleven??? You guys have done well but it just maybe time to let him/her go??? I don't know but try a softer approach to reach him, ... most likely your better half is in a lot of pain also????

·
Registered
92 Posts
There's an old saying you can tell what a person's like by how he treats his animals. Take care of the dog get rid of the guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts