Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor cuddly roscoe is worrying me. After reading through the forums here and seeing all these babies weigh 20+ lbs at 14 weeks. We've tried 4 different puppy foods he eats but very little. He will only eat twice a day and it's a mix of wet and hard. He won't eat any other way. He's happy and healthy and playful and loves to cuddle but I'm worried about his weight. The vet hasn't said anything about it but I'm still worried. Please give us some advice
Ty all!!

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
Stop switching foods, it causes tummy upset which might be one of the reasons he isn't eating much. Also, you are creating a picky eater by constantly changing things. Pick one food and only offer that food at 3 scheduled feedings. Leave it down for no more than 10 minutes and pick it up and take it away until the next scheduled feeding if he doesn't show any interest.

Make sure he has been dewormed as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've started adding a spoonful of plain yogurt and now he wants to eat all the time. He scarfed down both meals today and was whining for more

·
Registered
2 Posts
My family recently adopted a boxer mix from the local humane society. Little bitty thing. Got her at 8 weeks. Weighed 4.5 lbs. She seemed happy and healthy so we took her home. Immediately goy her into a vet . The vet said small but healthy. Keep an eye on eating and bms. All is well. Now at 12 weeks she is a working 6.5 lbs. But eating 1.25 cups a day of food. Ooh. Ele is her name

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Listen to Kaco..she knows. I always offered 3 meals a day. I don't see a problem with adding yogurt but I never did. Kai got his food 3x a day sometimes he didn't eat so after 20 min. I took it up and he had tow wait. I had a day here and there where he wouldn't eat at all, but the next day he would. I also found when he was teething he turned away from his food, I think they maybe hurt but he will eat. Dogs will not starve themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts