Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there is there a breeder that can help me with my question im willing to know what  the 1 st meal of a pup should be ? :roll: my pup is 3 weeks old and he will soon start to eat on his own

·
Registered
42 Posts
I known you beat me to it!

Busy, I got a new pup about three weeks ago. I have two boxers now and it is the greatest thing I ever could of done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would think to start the pup on dry kibble as soon as possible, would be my guess. I know nothing about raising a three week old boxer so dont take my advice. How did you end up with just one? If you dont mind me asking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hmmm, I'm still carious so you had a litter of two. Is this correct.

There are alot of knowledgable boxer lovers on this board I'm sure someone will be able to answer about the food for ya.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i explained my self wrong again i guess im not that good in english i still have all of them but i just was interested in asking that question right now if you go to my album u ll c them all

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i have 2 females one of them had 2 babies but one of them died and was left with one and the other one had just one maybe its cause this was her 1st pregnancy

G

·
0 Posts
where are you from? Just curious as you mentioned your english being off.  Your babies are beautiful by the way...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I am glad that you are asking questions, but i will admit that i am a bit worried. You state that you have 5 boxers...two are puppies...and these two puppies are from seperate mothers.  I know you are trying to learn, but i do have to ask whether or not you did any form of research prior to breeding your dogs. Did either have any form of health testing, did the stud? Is the fifth dog you have the father to both puppies. We are def here to answer questions and be as helpful as possible, but the breeding of our favorite breed is a very touchy subject on this forum as i am sure it is on many others. we dont support any form of unethical breeding, backyard breeding or hobby breeding. I am not trying to bash you, but trying to gain a bit of understanding as well as a bit of education. Whats done is done, but i do hope you dont plan on continuing to breed these dogs.

Normally you would feed dry kibble that had been moistened with a form or replacement milk or possibly water to make it a little mush and easy for them to eat. Once they are used to the mushy food you add less and less water to where they eventually are eating hard dry kibble.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I personally feel that if you don't know what to feed a puppy, you probably shouldn't be breeding your dogs..... Sorry, just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I answered this question in your original post, but here it is again. Please note: When you make the puppy mush, do not use whole milk (cow) or goat's milk for the puppy milk replacer. Esbilac and Puppylac are well known puppy milk replacers.

At about 3 weeks of age, puppies will begin to imitate the dam eating and drinking. A secure shallow water dish should now be available at least part of the day. At 3

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
tootsie answered this quite well, which is why I didn't reply in the other thread, but you mentioned Weetabix here.  I know lots of people do give Weetabix to puppies (and even to adult dogs), but being 95% wheat it's really just a filler; dogs can't process grains, so there's really no nutritional value in it for dogs.  (For those who don't know the product, Weetabix is similar to Shredded Wheat, but made of flakes - similar to instant oatmeal - in a bar/biscuit form rather than shreds.)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks even your baby is really cute im from malta i guess i already spoke to you so how old was she when you brought  her home

1 - 20 of 33 Posts