Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its the puppies first night alone in their own crate and i can say they are not happy! its been about 15min of barking :(
Yes they are litter mates and have slept together since they have been here.
I herd its not a good idea to keep them together so i made the decision to separate them at night.
I know they are sad, but they are waking my baby
Poor guys, but it needed to be done.  :(
All they were starting to do was fight when they were together and it was getting pretty dirty
Hopefully they quite it up a bit and get a good nights sleep!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
IMO best to let them whine it out.   They will cry and if you give them attention they will know that cry = attention, hence the pitfall for any kind of training.   IMO play real hard with them before bed.   Tired them out, so that once inside the crate they will sleep and sleep good.  

Are their crates side by side??    

Good Luck:)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HannaBanana\";p=\"126950 said:
IMO best to let them whine it out.   They will cry and if you give them attention they will know that cry = attention, hence the pitfall for any kind of training.   IMO play real hard with them before bed.   Tired them out, so that once inside the crate they will sleep and sleep good.  

Are their crates side by side??    

Good Luck:)
Ya they finally quited down but then were up like at 7am crying after my husband just took them out at 6.30am
I think they are so upset because they were staying in my bathroom which they had free roam. Now they are just in their kennels. Ya we did put them side to side to make them feel a bitter better :D

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so they had a goodnight but when i woke up this morning they had pee'd all in their crate :[

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh it takes awhile for them to get used to a crate...Flick is not a happy camper when we put him in his at nite..Generally he howls for like an hour before settling down...And of course there is the wake up in the middle of the nite to go pee :) I tried toys, he didn't want them, so you could try that, also take an old t-shirt that has your scent and put that in the crates, may help..Otherwise you just have to "tough it out", sad to say...I'm hoping it won't be much longer for us

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They did allot better tonight and went in a cried for about 10min and have been out since.
Hopefully it stays like this :]
Thanks everyone :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts