Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After thinking of adding a 2nd boxer to our family and looking at all those homeless dogs out there, I have decided to volunteer one night a week at the local animal shelter.   There aren't any boxer shelters specifcally around here,  so I went with a no kill shelter for dogs and cats.   I will be caring for dogs, walking, feeding, grooming, whatever needs to be done, I am there.  My heart was breaking as I read the bios on petfinder.com and rescue sites.  I did apply for 2 boxers that were picked up by animal control in two different towns but one was claimed by the owner at the last minute,  and the other they decided should be an only dog.  I decided to apply with rescues for adoption after my upcoming trip so that I could not be distracted with anything else.   I think working at the shelter will be great.  Who knows, I could find my new buddy there! In the mean time I will work with the dogs at the shelter, give lots of love to the dog I have now,  and if the right dog comes along.......well that's even better.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I think what you are doing is fantastic!!!  Kudos to you for volunteering and helping so many animals and I am sure the right one will come along for your family as well.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I also think that volunteering is great!  I'm thinking about doing it also.  I can't seem to stay out of our local Humane Society so I figure I might as well do some good there.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Good for you, I think your volunteering is great.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How awesome!! Never know, you just may find that second boxer there...Good luck and what a great thing to do.... :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I think that is awesome! :clap:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
That is fabulous! Way to go!  You know...I can SO relate to the heartbreak...I want to start a "Boxerranch"...thing is, I would probably KEEP them ALL!

I hope your buddy finds you soon!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's so funny that you mention a  "Boxer Ranch" because that's  exactly what I was just telling my husband I wanted!  I would love to quit my job and have a bunch of boxers to care for........awwww, one can dream, right? I guess for now I will just have to volunteer.  I am sure the dogs appreciate  it.  Makes me feel good too.    :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
That is wonderful!  What a great way to donate time and it comes with the wonderful benefits of all those fur babies to play with!  My problem would be that I would be taking them all home with me!   :lol:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Congrats! I'd love to do something like that. Of course right now I barely have time to do my own things! I would be the same way and want to bring them all home with me!! I'm such a huge animal lover I don't know how we don't have a zoo (we are practically there though)! I'm sure the right dog will come around when the time is right! Enjoy the volunteer work, that's such a WONDERFUL thing you are doing!! KUDOS!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hmmm in mass that might be possible(boxer ranch)..you might be able to find alot of people willing to donate the money but cant donate the time...
might be worth thinking about...:)
and good for you thats great !!!

my girlfriend is the mgr of hhs here and uhmm shes got 9 dogs at home hahahahaa that would be me too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts