Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
They look very cute together I’m sure she keeps him busy, hopefully shes nearing the time when her shark teeth will be exchanged for normal dog teeth! Till then Zuke Will need to wear a turtleneck LOL!

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Yep they are a cute pair. And man look at all that water! Did she get a chance to explore the water this past summer, or was she to small, then?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep they are a cute pair. And man look at all that water! Did she get a chance to explore the water this past summer, or was she to small, then?
Water was already a bit cold when we got her. She dipped her paws in and seems to like it. Im thinking when this summer rolls around she will just follow Zuke right in.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Matt, the Rottie is a great match for Zuke.almost like temperament..hey there cousins both German decent. They will have many great adventures togeter I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt, the Rottie is a great match for Zuke.almost like temperament..hey there cousins both German decent. They will have many great adventures togeter I'm sure.
Thanks Joe. Yeah she has a bit more drive then him as a pup, but its so much easier to proof things with her. Zuke was more of a " I'll decide if what you are saying is important enough for me to listen to.":LOL: Working on the walking. She's great unless she see's another dog. Then its about 50/50 if she starts pulling like a sled dog.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ha ha brings back memories" I'll decide if what your saying is important enough" all boxer pups have that same attitude.
With the rottie your going to be dealing with a Stronger wider more powerful dog with one of the most powerful bites in the doggie world. Not to say, some that I've known had great temperaments. Great choice for a pal to Zuke.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Joe. She has a hell of a bite for a pup. Great thing is she already knows bite inhibition with me and the gf. She still might get me once in a blue moon playing with the bite wedge or her tug, but overall if she feels skin in her mouth she is quick to not bite down. Great temperament! Good nerves. Even if something startles her, her instinct is to check it out instead of flee. As for people, what a mush. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Certainly a beauty, my rotties had really great temperaments. One actually figured out when someone was afraid of her, she would sit, turn away from them and lean her head back hoping for a pet. Both were brought up when we lived out in the country on acreage and they could run to their hearts content off lead. Learned never to leave the property, protected it from strangers and were happy and social when they knew that person was invited in. When we moved to this subdivision many people were afraid of our rottie, she changed a few minds. I likely would have stuck with the breed but for home owner insurance reasons we switched to the boxer, which was also a good move. I am sure you will have many happy years with her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts