Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,107 Posts
Diarrhea can dehydrate a puppy within the matter of 24hrs. A dehydrated puppy can quickly fade. So unless you are supplementing with sub-q fluids under the skin 5-6 times a day, I would get on top of deworming those puppies and mom.

This is the last comment I am making on this thread.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
OK I don't think there is a need to be rude! The mother was dewormed when I got her and I have ordered the wormer. I didn't even think about getting it inline. It was20 bucks a pup at the vet. My mother is very ill not sure of her outcome. I need to get up there. The pups no longer have diarrhea. But the wormer is on the way. Jeeze

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I really don't think anyone was being rude... People out of the goodness of their own hearts and love for animals especially little wee boxer puppies are worried about these babies. These people are very experienced, and have great advise. From what I read you didn't seem to imply you weren't going to worm them but it's because I suppose lack of words that made everyone worry :) and also as this is a new experience for you the importance of worming was extra-voiced as it is such a necessary thing.

Hope your mother is going to be ok. You certainly have lots on your plate. Take care of your mom. And take care of your puppies as their lives depend on you :) a boxer kiss will comfort you.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Hope your mom is ok - of course she is top priority right now.

Sounds like the pups are doing better. I'm glad to hear they don't have diarrhea anymore. Just get them dewormed asap.

I hope everything works out and your mom feels better soon!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dewormer is on its way. I'm in Tulsa with my mom. Things are bad but the say she is getting better a little at a time. So at 3 weeks can I give the pups some can food? Or should I mush up the dry puppy food?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Is mama wanting to start weaning them? Probably best to make a mush out of dry food that mama's been eating. Get ready to have some messy little babies.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This might be helpful reading for you. Zoe's mom starting weaning her puppies early because they were her first litter and little buggers were getting their teeth which she didn't like :) I think you can get milk replacer at Petsmart or Petco.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I know it's early, but since mom is cutting back it's better to see that they get proper nutrition. Keep her nursing as long as you can instead of abruptly stopping so her milk dries up slowly that's best for her as well as the puppies.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Canceled my order on the deworming meds. Went and got some from my local feed lot store. Not the same brand you guys mentioned but it does say in the box it is OK for nursing mothers and young puppies. So tonight I will weigh them all and dose em up! Lol. Mom too! Lol I will post the most recent pic of mom shortly. Although its like a week old Lol. She isn't much into pictures lately. Pic will be on my other thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's normal, all puppies go through the loose poop stage. I would start deworming them very soon with Strongid. Do them at 2-4-6 and 8 weeks, you will notice a few days after their first deworming that their stools will start to firm up. If they don't, take one of them in for a stool sample to test for coccidia.
Thank you for this. I'm dying and so sad to think imma lose all my puppies to worms. They're 1 and a half weeks old. I lost two today. Their glucose was very low. And they do vomit. All have diarrea. Once they start screaming I feel there's nothing I can do. I'm doing a sugar drop in a bit for all babies. They got their dewormer today so fingers crossed they get better.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts