Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it doesn't even have to be that good of a home!  :p  Maddie is quickly getting on the poop list today! This morning I decided pork chops on the grill sounded good for dinner tonite, so I took some out of the freezer and put it on the counter.  You see already where I am going with this don't you? Well, I left to drive my daughter to camp, and come home about 30 minutes later. What do I see on the floor??? An empty meat carton and plastic wrap.  :eh:  GRRRRR!!!!  :twisted: Maddie did not come running to greet me like she usually does. Where is she? I quickly turn the corner to see a pork chop laying on the floor, mind you I haven't yelled or said anything yet. Well, there stands Maddie looking like " s**t, which way do I go?"  :bscomehereyou:  Still I haven't said a word. I pick up the pork chop that was laying on the floor and say "Did you enjoy the rest of them Maddie?" She quickly runs over to me and pees right in front of me on the floor!  8O  8O  8O I was almost in shock....I couldn't even talk to her or look at her! I'm still ignoring her, and she knows I am upset with her! I guess she peed because she was so nervous about what I was going to do to her. I don't know what her previous owners did to discipline her, but the marks of it still show. I feel sorry for her, but not that sorry....little thief!! I can't even look at her. Well, I should get the carpet cleaning done now. I guess I'll just order pizza tonite!  :winkle:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
OMG! that is too funny- sorry for the loss of the porkchops  :D but that is so freaking funny. People at work are looking at me funny!!! poor girl--still scared, she should know mamma tootsie wouldnt lay a hand on her.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Awww. Im sorry about your pork chops, but i bet they were delicious  :D . Speaking of food im reallyhungry right now at work. Sounds like she was pretty scared a little bit. Just like Zeus which way should i run  :lol: . She (Maddie) is still a sweet dog and beautiful at that. :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
What a great story!  She is so cute I know you aren't going to stay mad at that face for long!!!  

Our Calli was a great thief, she loved to find things on the counter to take, she was cured of that one day when she got a bag of hot peppers our neighbor had given us from the garden.  They were on the table and when we came home the bag was laying on the floor with the peppers....one had a small bite mark out of it the rest were untouched.  She never got on the table or counters again.   8O

·
Registered
948 Posts
lol know the feeling!! Only here, 3 of the cats help knock the food off the counter for the dogs to get.. Then they ALL feast! LOL

·
Registered
342 Posts
I learned early on in my boxer days that anything that you are defrosting jsut sit in the microwave :wink:   Haylee does the same thing but she hides under the table and won't go outside until I pet her and let her know she is not going to get in any more trouble

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
So true Odinsdad!!!  I love my crate and so does Lilly!!!  It has been her savior from the kids on more than one occassion.  She will even run into it when playing with them and pull the door shut when the kids decide to play (they tell her it's time to break the puppy outta jail) jailbreak.  It's hilarious!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah...I'm done with leaving her in the crate. It's still set up for her to go into and nap but she has free roam to do and go where she wants. My house is still child proofed so she really can't get into anything. (Except pork Chops!) I just started leaving her out of the crate about 2 months ago now, and so far the only things sacrificed was a pillow and a couple of pork chops! And, that was my own fault. So I really can't complain!  :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
I don't crate any of the dogs at my bf's house and I don't crate Toby at home.. Mia hasn't been left alone yet, but I'll crate her until she's about a year or a year and a half and doesn't destroy anything.. Plus we're trying to buy a house here within the next year and just for the sake of having a "nice" house for awhile, I'd rather see her in her crate for a bit..  :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO..I'm sorry, it is funny...Poor Maddie tho, it does make you wonder how she was disciplined by her previous owners..Thankfully, None of mine have been counter surfers, course I think Angel could be if given the opportunity, but she's crated when I leave the house...Funny story about a turkey and a cat that I have to pass along tho....My mother had taken the Thanksgiving turkey out to defrost, left it sitting on the counter, and our lovely huge white cat called Missy decided to make a meal of our turkey!! By the time we got home, she had gotten thru the outer layers of the wrapping and was starting to knaw on the raw turkey..She didn't want it cooked, she preferred raw!! :lol: So, after that, the turkey got thawed in the oven....

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
You must have been upset but how could you get mad at a funny situation and such a cute face!  Poor Maddie, she must have been so nervous.    
I guess Lola did the same thing yesterday.  My bf and a few guys were working on our house.  They came in to have lunch and left a half eaten bag of chips on the table when they went outside.  One of the guys came in to grab the chips and Lola had the bag on the floor with her head in it licking it clean!  I had a heart attack when I heard this....but they said the bag was almost empty anyways so hopefully she didn't get a lot!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I dont crate Zeus or Dante. I should take some pictures of what they have done to my bedroom and my bathroom. So now when i go to work i put them outside so they can play and bring them in when i get home. But needless to say i have a whole in my bedroom wall, there is a golfball size hole in the sheetrock with wallpaper peeled down the wall, and i have to replace the carpet by the doors from where they pawed and messed it up. Oh yeah they opened some of my under the sink counter drawers and chewed the corners off. I was mad at first but now its just a laugh. But now that there is a baby on the way Lauren is telling me i have to fix these things. This was when they were about 6 months old    :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts