Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
chelsea who is 15 weeks is underweight? what else can i put in with her dry food to help her put on the weight and be healthy?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hello Claire, lots of people give 'em a big peanut butter sandwich as a snack! (Makes me put on weight when i try it :wink: )
Other than that, i found that Voltaire ate more of the dried food if i mixed in something nice like a tin of sardines or some raw minced beef - a bit of haggis maybe? :wink:  Boxers seem to be fussy eaters when they're small so don't worry - we've all been through this more or less. Good luck finding the magic recipe :D

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello!
I've mixed in a little boiled chicken breat and boiled white rice with the dry and Lola would eat it right up and be crying for more!  The vet recommended it so it's healthy!  Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got her 16 week puppy check uptomorrow to check her weight and to see if her innocent heart murmur has disappeared yet...fingers crossed?!?! im not too confident with her weight...she was 6.6kilos(is that what they weigh them in) at 12 weeks when i took her home and he wanted her to be 8.8 preferably by now...im not that confident. hopefully she will have put on some weight though.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Good luck tomorrow!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Lola's paws!  As long as her heart murmur has dissapeared I wouldn't even worry about her weight!  Hopefully everything will be fine and she'll start to fatten up!  Let us know how is goes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Aw good luck to you!! That heart murmur would worry me more than the weight issue I really hope all is well. Like others have said, I give Tyson boiled chicken and white rice every once in a while because our vet recommended it. Works great and he loves it!!! keep us posted!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GREAT RESULT!! her heart murmur has gone....just need a final check at 6 months. shes put on plenty weight shes 9.6 so she put more on than her target which is great. :D i gave her scrambled eggs though and its made her have a very upset stomach. vet told me it puts lining on their stomachs not with chelsea it dont.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I know you must be feeling better after that vet visit..Great news.. :) The weight will come on, just give it time.Puppies are just so active, they burn a lot of energy, so the weight gain could be slow, but it will happen...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts