Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i am new here to boxer forums and i have tried searching but nothing fits my exact situation...

i got my boy roy about a month ago and all he wants to do it bite, i tell him no bite and push his cheeks into his teeth, but it doesnt seem to work.

my other huggggge problem is that my dog likes to attack my mother (bite her ankles and legs and makes her bleed sometimes) who is only 4'11" 110lbs. i just cant seem to get him to stop going after her. he doesnt bite my legs but he does to my hands, but my mother thinks its bc i am 6'1" 240lbs and thats why he doenst run after me. is that true?

please everyone i need your help and i dont want my mother to be scared of him...thanks alot.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like puppy play gone too far. Boxers are very intuitive about people and if your Mom tries to get away from him that's his cue to be more excited and go after her more. I would have her stop, make him stop/sit and then reward for good behavior. If he bites your hands in play, STOP the game immediately and ignore him for a few minutes. Boxers hate the "cold shoulder" treatment and will usually correct themselves quickly. Good Luck, btw.....we love pics.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum... Some things you can do, like was already stated is try to ignore him. I also found it very effective to use "time outs", not in a crate, but use his leash and tether him to a door for like 5 minutes, let him calm down, release and start again. Or try keeping him leashed when inside, use the leash to keep him close to you, put him in a "sit" when your Mom is there, make him calm down!! At that age, you really have to work hard at discipline, manners and such, it's an ongoing process every day..Puppy obedience classes would be a big help as well

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Get enrolled in a basic obedience class if you can is very good also.  I would try to find one that is not at PetSmart or somewhere like that.  Find a good trainer and establish a relationship with them and get some good experience with that.  It is puppy behavior gone on too long.  

Nano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts