Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone first time reaching out figured maybe this has happened to someone else’s boxer. Last month Roxy (3) started throwing up at 3 am 2x a week . Each time she threw up it was her food which she had been fed at 5pm/6. I finally took her to the doctor had blood work done and fecal exam. It all came back with nothing but precautionary they sent me a dewormer and I had to give her a bland diet. During the bland diet she did not throw up once. This is the first week back to her normal food that she has been eating since she was a puppy. I thought I was in the clear but tonight I was just woken up by the sound of her throwing up. I’m wondering if it’s acid reflux I had a boxer before that I use to have to give otc to for it. Super Bowl Sunday she was eating carrots and cucumbers and her food and did not throw up. Do I attempt a slow feeder and feed her an antacid every night. Looking for any insight from other boxer owners thank you!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Maybe she is reacting to her food maybe she has developed a sensitivity to one of the proteins in her food? Sometimes chicken can be a cause of food reactions. I switched my male to a turkey protein in the dog food and it helped him. What other things is she eating ? Does she eat her food quickly? A slow feeder would help her as its not good to gulp down the food. I saw you said she was on a bland diet and it worked what was the protein in that? Was it beef or some other?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was boiled chicken, rice, cottage cheese, pasta. It’s just weird she doesn’t do the throw up every time I feed her in the morning she doesn’t throw up in the middle of the day. It’s also not consistent in the middle of the night either

·
Registered
873 Posts
So not the chicken then, maybe she does have reflux does the Vet have any recommendations? Some people use probiotics that seem to help their dogs I have used Fortaflora from Purina just sprinkle it on the food I can't remember how many times a day there are other ones out there and maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
So was it full kibble at 3:00 am? If it is, I would think that should be digested in 10 hours. That seems like a possible digestive issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts