Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi All,
Just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice in jumping from 2 Boxers to 3 in one household? It's just me and my partner in a house in the USA, big back yard and two female boxers - Maggie and Gracie. Was thinking about getting a boy this time to add to our family. I work from home so there is plenty of supervision and attention. We are ok with the cost of extra food and vet visits. I don't know what the magic number is of "that is too many to handle". I thought 2 was going to be too much, but they seem to keep each other occupied and happy... so it's actually been a less work to have two Boxers. My thought is that having 3 wouldn't necessarily be difficult.... just more love and happiness.... is that your experience? Please let me know.
thanks,
Keith -
Dad to Lilly (in Heaven)
Gracie and Maggie

·
Registered
703 Posts
I guess if you are up for the extra work and vet bills go for it! I would think a boy would fit in more in this situation you are lucky your girls get along just fine. I don't know if I would add a another girl to this mix you may just rock the boat. Boys are different than the girls but special in their own way they can be more headstrong on some things but easier to train in others I find their activity levels to be more than the girls but manageable. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi All,
Just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice in jumping from 2 Boxers to 3 in one household? It's just me and my partner in a house in the USA, big back yard and two female boxers - Maggie and Gracie. Was thinking about getting a boy this time to add to our family. I work from home so there is plenty of supervision and attention. We are ok with the cost of extra food and vet visits. I don't know what the magic number is of "that is too many to handle". I thought 2 was going to be too much, but they seem to keep each other occupied and happy... so it's actually been a less work to have two Boxers. My thought is that having 3 wouldn't necessarily be difficult.... just more love and happiness.... is that your experience? Please let me know.
thanks,
Keith -
Dad to Lilly (in Heaven)
Gracie and Maggie
We've usually had three boxers in the house at the same time. Just the past two years, we've kept a male, and that has made a difference. Since none of our boxers are neutered, some separation is necessary during the girls' "season", as we don't want Zack mating with either of his sisters. Other that during "fertility week", the three of them play just fine, even supervised by two senior citizens, one of whom still works full-time. As long as the boxers know YOU are in charge, all should be well.
Dave Smola
Ronin Boxers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts