Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am wondering if anyone has had experience with their furry bestie losing teeth during play? My Roxy likes to get very rambunctious (I'm sure they all do) and has now lost two teeth. One was during tug-of-war, which we have since dialed way down to almost nothing (it wasn't so much tug as hold before). But today she lost one when she bumped into a corner while turning (clumsy devil she is). I am worried about her dental situation, however, all her teeth are bright white clean, and she regularly chews to keep clean and strong. Is this a situation of leftover baby teeth or what?

Just hoping for some ideas, but we will take her to the vet too. Better safe than sorry :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Definitely take her to the vet to get x-rays for the jaw. Zuke had an adult tooth that came in strange that I knew was eventually going to be an issue. Sure enough it was. When he went to get it removed they x-rayed and found a ton of bone loss on all the lower front teeth between the canines under the gum line. The rest of his teeth were completely normal. All his teeth looked healthy and bright white also. Sometimes its an issue like that. He wound up getting the teeth pulled between the canines, because the vet said eventually they would become a problem. The vet thinks it was just genetics because there was nothing wrong except bone loss and it was only to the lower set of teeth between the canines. He did find he had 2 extra molars so I guess that was a plus.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely take her to the vet to get x-rays for the jaw. Zuke had an adult tooth that came in strange that I knew was eventually going to be an issue. Sure enough it was. When he went to get it removed they x-rayed and found a ton of bone loss on all the lower front teeth between the canines under the gum line. The rest of his teeth were completely normal. All his teeth looked healthy and bright white also. Sometimes its an issue like that. He wound up getting the teeth pulled between the canines, because the vet said eventually they would become a problem. The vet thinks it was just genetics because there was nothing wrong except bone loss and it was only to the lower set of teeth between the canines. He did find he had 2 extra molars so I guess that was a plus.:)
Thank you! I was wondering if something like that could be the case. We will take her in. She's due for her yearly soon anyway. :) Good luck with your Zuke!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts