Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We crate-trained our 9 week-old Boxer. Within a month or so, he learned to go outside. He has either waited for us to take him outside to the backyard, or peed/pooped on our walks or goes in/out his dog door. All good! UNTIL… this evening. Gustav had been in the backyard to poop, came inside using his dog door. He had dinner, played with his toys. Then, without any warning, he walks into our enclosed sunroom off the living room (where my husband was) and I hear my husband call out “No!! What are you doing?!” And races to the adjacent sunroom to let Gustav outside. They come back in and report to me (I’ve been in the kitchen) that Gustav lifted his leg, peed on the sunroom tile and then peed on the upholstered chair. Whaaat?? Anyone else had this situation with their less than 1 year old puppy? Gustav is now 8 months and weighs just under 60 lbs.

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
Your boy is marking. Quick firm corrections and redirection is what I would do to nip it in the butt.
Get some Natures miracle and clean your peed on upholstery to help remove the scent. Do not leave him unattended, crate him when you can’t watch him. If this doesn’t solve the issue then I would consider neutering.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I would suggest also maybe blocking off the dog door and go out with him make sure he goes when he is out he could be rushing back inside before he has done all his business to be with his people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts