Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

5 Most Annoying Habits your dog has?

9K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  caillou 
#1 ·
Ok, I stole this idea from boxercentral!  What are the top 5 annoying things your dog does???

Tink

1) Is an almighty face licker.  It's like getting a chemical peel with a piece of sandpaper.

2) The most toxic farts EVER!

3) Is a demon for stealing underwear out of the basket - pre and post wash - and then thinks it's a great game when you go chasing after it.

4)  Is convinced she's still small enough to sit comfortably in my lap, when in reality it's a precarious balancing act.

5) Waits until you've just changed into clean clothes and then decorates them with lovely muddy pawprints/eye goo/ mouth goo.

Buzz

1) Has no table manners WHATSOEVER. Has to be put in the garden while we're eating because she's such a bad beggar.

2) Barks at anyone who has the cheek to walk past "her" house

3) Swings out of clothes left on the line to dry.

4) She's like Guinness's horses going around - if she's upstairs, you'll know all about it. Also tries to trip you on the stairs.

5)  Constantly stealing Tink's food, and she suddenly becomes a lot quieter when she's sneaking in to get it!

See less See more
#2 ·
You thief you...Lol...Great idea, had to sit and think about this one for a bit

Samson-

1. He has the most hypnotizing stare..He can drill a hole through you with his eyes if he wants to

2. He is a terrible beggar, but that's our fault..He will sit right next to the table and drill holes through you just waiting for a bite...Drooling the whole time

3. He gives new meaning to the word "speed bump". Wherever I want to be, he's right in the way

4. He's the worst bed hog I have ever known. Now he's relegated to the couch cos we got tired of finding ourselves falling out of the bed

Angel

1. She has the most stinkiest farts I have ever smelled...I think I may have to get a gas mask...

2. She has to be in your lap all the time, even at the table, except when eating... :)

3. She is the thief of the century..This girl could give lessons on how to steal and not get caught

4. She likes to sniff butts.. 8O

5. She's like Houdini, now you see her, now you don't...Runs me ragged keeping up with her

#3 ·
Scout
1.  Silent but deadly farts!

2.  Drools while watching you eat.

3.  Always busts in the bathroom/bedroom when you close the door to keep him out.

4.  Will sit and stare at you when he wants to go out instead of ringing the bell.

5.  Constantly trying to butt Gunner out of the way of getting attention.

Gunner
1.  Digs holes  :twisted:

2.  Breaks all toys (usually within 1 hour of getting them) :roll:

3.  Trys to sneak Scouts food/water

4.  Pulls on leash (working on this)

5.  Barks constantly when giving Scout some attention.

#4 ·
Good Post! Lets see......the top 5 most annoying things that Maddie does... :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

1:  She licks me non-stop
2:  She licks the kids non-stop
3:  She licks the hubby non-stop
4:  She licks any visitors non-stop
5:  She licks herself non-stop

She licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, licks, ....did I mention she is a licker?  :eh:

#5 ·
so long as we all understand that annoying = adorable when my lil girl is involved :)

Roxanne

1)  has the worst gas bar none.. that I have ever come across (the only non adorable habit but still completely tolerable)

2) has expensive taste in shoes.. mostly my high heels

3) thinks her secret identity is your shadow.. always underfoot

4) she thinks the bed is divided up into 2% ours 98% hers

5) is almost too good at being the sweetest distraction in the world.. if only I didn't have so much to do with this move ...meh  8)

#6 ·
Gunnar
1.  He farts constantly, the silent type that makes your eyes water!

2.  He takes up most of the bed, he has to stretch his legs ALL the way out and sleep on my pillow, some nights I wake up with him drooling on me.  YUCK!!

3.  He LOVES to go out at night and bark at nothing.  2 weeks ago we installed a doggie door so I don't have to get up 3 or 4 times a night.  Originally, I thought he needed to go potty, so being the good mommy I am, I let him start that annoying habit!!  However, with the doggie door, I'm sleeping MUCH better!

4.  When we go for rides in the car, at least every other day, Gunnar sits in the middle of the front seat.  He hates riding in the back and will sulk if you make him get back there!

5.  He loves to torment my kitties!!  Of course, it's usually because Gidget, our cat thinks he's dirty and has to clean his ears on a regular basis.  

Ginger
1.  She snores louder than my husband, and trust me, that's pretty loud!!

2.  She constantly picks on Gunnar, he'll be sound asleep and she dives into him, biting his jowls and starting WWIII.

3.  She loves to thieve all the toys and take them outside, sometimes, my daughter's included.

4.  Under my bed, we call the "Bone Graveyard"  she hides things from Gunnar, he doesn't fit under there!!

5.  She thinks she's my shadow

It's funny to sit here and think about, these endearing qualities are just part of my babies!!   :lol:

#7 ·
Ok, I have to comment on something...I sense a re-curring theme here...All boxers have deadly farts...Lol...They are exttreme bed hogs and stick like velcro to us......Oh yes and they love our shoes..... :)

This has been fun to read....

#8 ·
I guess Charlie is kinda different, he rarely farts!
1.  Charlie gets excited and he'll jump on people.  We're working on this but he gets so dang excited.
2.  Definitely a begger!
3.  Bedhog
4.  He licks anything and everything.  He likes toes!
5.  Sniffing, you'd think he's a drug dog.  It's funny but sometimes he just doesn't know when to shut it off and do his business.

#9 ·
Soloman is
1: a bed hog like no other
2: Loves to hear the ripping sound that fabric makes (4 sets of sheets, 1 feather pilow, 3 blankets , and one feather bed )
3: loves to wimper when one of use isn't around
4: Has a great time playing the take me out game (late at night just to look around)
5: always under foot

#10 ·
Great topic- I stress that these are endearing traits as well (mostly).

1. She has to pound her bed/pillow to death each time she's ready to settle down. (This is also how we know if she's serious about staying if we tell her to go there).
2. Everynight at about 9 pm she darts around the house like a race horse even if she's had her walk. (all good until she leaps onto us while we are on the couch)
3. If I'm laying down on the couch taking a nap, she ALWAYS take advantage of the oportunity to give me free licks my nose and lips.
4. When she really wants something, she'll go through all the commands she knows until she gets to the one we are asking her to do at that moment. She assumes she knows what we want without LISTENING!
5. She thinks it's fun to shove her toys as deep as she possible can under the couch and whines until you get it for her. If you don't listen to her, she will dig her way through the carpet and foundation to get to it and thus the cycle continues :)

#12 ·
Daisy-

1) Does lots of various farts to keep us entertained- sometimes silent but deadly and sometimes proper loud stonkers!
2) Hogs the bed!
3) Does her "guard" barks when there's nothing there! Very annoying!
4) Stares at you and tries to lick you when you are in the bath! (She loves licking bubbles and soap strangely!)
5) As soon as she knows we are going to the park she drags me all the way there!

But we love her in every way possible even with her funny little traits!

Heather

#14 ·
Cactus most annoying habits:
Licking his "boy stuff"- that grosses me out!

Chasing the cats.

Stealing my apples if I set them down at any point during consumption.

Does his big boy bark at the neighbor's second story window because one night my neighbor, who clearly has not matured yet, barked at Cactus.

Recently he has started excitement peeing on people.  It started with my ex-husband, who thought I trained Cactus to do that to him on command, which gave us a laugh, but when my actual friends come over, it is embarassing!

His mother, who we have play dates quite often with, does this obsessive licking thing where her tongue goes in and out of her mouth about 100 times per minute!!!!!  Now that is annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 ·
Eating Other Dog's Crap!!!!

Voltaire does all this stuff except the underwear- but that's nothing. The nastiest thing he does is gobble down another dog's or cat's turd when we're out walking - if he can get to it and scoff it quicker than i can see him and shout then he's won. He looks apologetic but i know it's a sham really! It usually means i walk, sulking at him, the extra 3 miles home instead of driving - due to the stench of his breath in the car. Then it's a vigorous toothbrushing, worming and no dog kisses for 24hours or until my temper has cooled. I can't say it's a real problem - he's done it four or five times in 2 1/2 years but it's definately something any dog owner can do without! Is my dog the one with the worst habit or what?!!!

#17 ·
Well this sounds kind of impolite but i'm so glad yours does it too! I feel a bit less alone now! And to think Voltaire was such a fussy eater when he was small! And though it's about as disgusting as it gets i think it's preferable to your boxer bringing in a pair of worn undies from the wash basket during a dinner party or something. That must be about the most mortifying thing a dog can do to it's Mom!

#20 ·
Pupdate on Tink's annoying habits:

1) Is convinced that every time I go to the bathroom I'm going to climb out the window and leave her forever.  That's the only reason I can think of for her constant attempts to get through the bathroom door.

Of course, that's only on the rare occasions when I actually manage to get in there and get the door shut before her...

#21 ·
ROTFLMAO....Seriously? I thought mine were bad....Angel sticks her paw under the door as far as she can, then I hear her snort... :) Pretty bad when we can't have any privacy in our own bathroom huh? I give up most of the time

#22 ·
Voltaire didn't know how to climb stairs the first 2 years of his life (we don't have any) and then learnt at my sister in laws. Now he hurtles up and down non stop as if it's a big game scratching the h*ll out of the wood. He'll go up & down ten times in a row.
And how about the annoying habit of scraping their paws down your legs, or wherever, during play and leaving weals as if you've been horsewhipped? They don't know their strength!

#24 ·
Are those the claws that are on the ankles? Voltaire doesn't have any. I thought Voltaire had a birth defect until I called the breeder. She said she has them chopped off her puppies to avoid them injuring each other and their owners. Actually it's a very practical thing - despite me getting plenty brutalised anyway! Anyone else heard of doing this?

#26 ·
beckham had those claws chopped off straight away when he was tiny (he still IS tiny, hehe).

since i've only had him for what, elss than a week? i'm sure i haven't even BEGUN to see what lays in store for me, hahaha.

but thus far? smelly farts and sniffing like CRAZY anytime human food is ariound!  we are maknig sure we keep it away from him :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.