Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

5 Most Annoying Habits your dog has?

9K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  caillou 
#1 ·
Ok, I stole this idea from boxercentral!  What are the top 5 annoying things your dog does???

Tink

1) Is an almighty face licker.  It's like getting a chemical peel with a piece of sandpaper.

2) The most toxic farts EVER!

3) Is a demon for stealing underwear out of the basket - pre and post wash - and then thinks it's a great game when you go chasing after it.

4)  Is convinced she's still small enough to sit comfortably in my lap, when in reality it's a precarious balancing act.

5) Waits until you've just changed into clean clothes and then decorates them with lovely muddy pawprints/eye goo/ mouth goo.

Buzz

1) Has no table manners WHATSOEVER. Has to be put in the garden while we're eating because she's such a bad beggar.

2) Barks at anyone who has the cheek to walk past "her" house

3) Swings out of clothes left on the line to dry.

4) She's like Guinness's horses going around - if she's upstairs, you'll know all about it. Also tries to trip you on the stairs.

5)  Constantly stealing Tink's food, and she suddenly becomes a lot quieter when she's sneaking in to get it!

See less See more
#27 ·
I'll bet right now that your heart will melt and before long and you'll be doing what my husband does! (This is really bad - i know!) ie. leaving a little mouthfull size portion of what he's eating to give Voltaire who's just spent the whole meal time with his nose an inch from the plate.
Ooohh. I've thought of another bad habit. Sticking his nose in peoples groins to beg for food when they're sitting down eating dinner (usually people we've invited for dinner parties!). And he attacks front on - not from the side so it's quite a shock!

#28 ·
dewclaw removal is actually a very common practice in boxers and many other animals. They usually are removed at the same time the tails are docked.  Chloe never had any bad habits, but then again i didnt have her long. Wonder what lays in store for Mandie (hopefully coming home tomorrow) and the new pup we will get in 4-5 months!

#29 ·
[quote="Honeyec\";p=\"4511":3vf8czhb]I've had to file Tink's dew claws on several occasions - or the gimp claw, as I prefer to call it.

#31 ·
Have just checked for laws in France.
The Ministry of Agriculture says: All dogs born in or outside of France after 1st May 2004 and who have cropped ears are exempt from exhibitions and competitions in France. They cannot have their pedigrees confirmed or in any way have pedigree papers therefore they are also exempt from having pedigree descendants.
Tail docking is authorized in France.
Quite severe isn't it?
Thank goodness mine has his ears still! Haven't found anything about the claws though.

#33 ·
caillou\";p=\"4529 said:
Have just checked for laws in France.
Tail docking is authorized in France.
Quite severe isn't it?
Thank goodness mine has his ears still! Haven't found anything about the claws though.
When tail docking is done between 2 and 7 days it is done with minimal pain.  Though, how can anyone really be so sure? It is done to prevent damage later in life in shall we say exhuberant breeds, such as the boxer and doberman. I found this picture of a boxer with tail damage due to just being a boxer. They really have no protection in the tails that go a mile a minute. I found it kind of interesting.

http://www.cdb.org/swedishdamage.htm

#36 ·
I agree, the tail damage is awful. I'm all for tail docking as long as it's done by a pro. I've seen one that wasn't and you could tell it'd just been snipped straight across - it lefa aliitle bald bit on the end. Obviously a non pro breeder who thought they'd economize the vet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.