Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In no particular order...
1. Wiggles, especially the ones I get when I come home from work...I swear, no one is ever that happy to see me! LOL
2. When she tries to "box" while playing with other dogs  :lol:  :lol: ...the other dog owners are like "what is she doing?" haha
3. The way her head cocks after she's been staring at me for long periods of time.  :lol:
4. How she can go from doing burns around the house one minute and the next minute be cuddly.
5. The way she "makes her bed"...more like ruffles it up a bit, then does three turns before curling up for a snooze.
6..oh yeah and the way she has the most random sleeping positions  :lol:   :lol:  :lol:

As many of you could, I could keep going on and on...what are some of the things you all love about your boxers?  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Those plus:

Woo Woos
Seeing the pure joy in her face when she is running around at the dog park
Just love seeing her play with children, small dogs and puppies, she is so good with them

·
Registered
352 Posts
1.  her bottom lip and how she picks stuff up and holds it between her upper and lowere lips.
2.  the way she cocks her head as if she's processing EVERYTHING i say
3.  how excited she gets when we come home...her body contorts in the most amazing bean shape!
4.  her play bow and how quickly it can be induced.  ;)
5.  when she hops while running to fetch something.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
1.  their little wiggle butts when you come in the room;
2.  their unconditional love and affection;
3.  when they finally go to sleep at night lol;
4.  the way Sophie lays on her back under the bed pawing at the air and talking to herself (you just have to be here), and
5.  when they try and climb into my rocking chair to be rocked - Sophie still fits - Kane can only get the front half in my lap, but he does it anyway.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
grandprix\";p=\"39619 said:
Quick question... what are "woo woos?"
It is a sound that Boxers make that sounds like they are saying Woo Woo (help here, can anyone expain better?).  Kiah does it when she is excited or has a toy in her mouth.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
1) the way he drags his toys off to another spot like a predator capturing its prey
2) when he lunges his front paws onto the floor in front of my feet and barks while jumping back (i guess hes trying to play)
3) the constant yawning and head-shakes (i know theres a name for that but i forget it)
4) when he runs circles around me in the yard
5) when i leave the room and i come back and he's sitting in his usual spot just waiting for me to return

·
Registered
905 Posts
Tink:

1) The way she puts a paw on each of my shoulders and licks my face
2) How she waits until we're finished our dinner, then comes and climbs into my lap for her post dinner hug.
3) The way she comes and stands between me & Emmet's legs every time we kiss, hug or cuddle, like she wants to feel close to us too
4) Her face when you go into the kitchen and wake her up in the morning; she stretches her neck right up and flattens her ears, it's so funny and adorable
5) When I let her sleep with me, she invariably makes her way up the bed during the night, so when I wake up in the morning her head is on the pillow beside me and I'm hugging her like a teddy bear!

Hector:

1) The way he cocks his head when you whistle, make a funny noise or even talk to him funny
2) The way he "pounces" on random things on the floor - a spilled bit of kibble, a dust bunny, a sock he's stolen out of the wash basket.
3) The way he grabs one of Tink's hind legs every time she walks past him when he's pretending to be asleep
4) Every time I go into the utility room for anything at all, he runs into his day bed because that's where he gets his treat when we leave in the morning
5) His jealousy - you can't look at Tink without him shoving her out of the way for a bit of attention!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
grandprix\";p=\"39619 said:
Quick question... what are "woo woos?"
Henry doesn't do it much.

It is a sort of growl/howl/talking kind of thing.  Usually done when playing or talking back after being reprimanded.  Very cute and funny! :D

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh yeah, duh!

I love about Henry:
-soooo sweet and loving!
-cutest dog ever!
-good with the kiddos!
-silly, wiggly, bouncy.
-everything! :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Charlie
1.  He's the best cuddler
2.  He's quiet
3.  He loves to play tug with me.
4.  Only I can get him to make this noise, it's not growling or anything, but it sounds like Chewy from Star Wars!
5.  I love how he tilts his head when he hears a funny noise

Sadie
1.  She is a kisser!
2.  She literally will jump over and over again with her nub wiggling when I come home.
3.  I laugh at her chasing a fly, she'll pounce around and run into everything.
4.  She is the best on car rides!
5.  I love the way she tilts her head when she hears a funny noise

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
OMG...ONLY FIVE? No fair...I get 15, cause there's three of em!LOL! 5 per dog! ;)

Wow...I LOVE Mic's(and INdy's) squishy face and his soft jowls...
         I LOVE the expression on his sweet face when he's looking at me trying to communicate something
         I LOVE the nibbles I get on my arms and
         I LOVE the way he "HUGS" my arms with his mouth(open mouth just sort of puts it over my wrist and gentle squeezes when he's saying he's really happy to be with me...feels like  a hug)
         I LOVE the way their hips wiggle when they walk
         I LOVE the way they run...so supple and graceful already
         I LOVE "woowoo"s
         I LOVE INdigos' expression and the way he "talks" to me
I could keep going...but, I need to go call the vet again! :)

Great topic!

·
Registered
294 Posts
1) The "I'm home from work" beans...head literally touches his nub (bad dock job) no matter what, he's so excited to see me and can't contain himself for about 5 mins.  Pure unconditional love.
2) The 'head tilts' when I tell him he's going to go play with either: Archie, Kirby or Milo & Molly (babysitter's dogs).  Then he gets all excited and runs to the door and then runs back to me, as if saying "WHAT?  I AM??  WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?!!!!!"
3) His 'burn' sessions that leave the armchair in the middle of the kitchen (pergo floors, furniture slides).
4) The weekend mornings, where he doesn't even want to eat breakfast, he just wants to cuddle and if i get up, he's right behind me and then the second I sit down he's on my lap snuggling in.
5)  The way his neck & head smells and I'll just nuzzle in to the velvety crook of his neck and he nuzzles back into my neck.
Plus his shiny black bottom lip that sticks out as if he's pouting at times....

·
Registered
220 Posts
And the way Tyson always finds a way to get under the sheets all the way to the bottom of the bed to avoid going into his crate at night.

Scott

·
Registered
24 Posts
1.  2 dogs, 2 food bowls, heaven forbid we eat seperately...must try and fit both of our noses into one bowl at the same time!
2.  Water dish is just a vehicle to pick up the water and put it on the floor...more makes it on the floor than in the mouth
3.  I am ALL TOO familiar with the "woo woo's"......I swear my kids speak English
4.  We are the best friends ever.....can you get ANY MORE excited when I come home?
5.  It's an amazing sight to see a 100 lb boxer do rolling sommersualts (sp?) just to amuse himself!

:lol:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ok, all of the above.  Plus if I go to my neighbors (father in law) Mo will lay in my bay window sill and wait for me to come home.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ours are so funny like that too....if we take one of them out of the house the other will just sit by the door and wait for their brother/sister to come home....it's so sad and cute all at the same time.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts