Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

7 and 1/2 months old and 62 lbs ???

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  BigBoyDuke 
#1 ·
Well my guy is not so little anymore lol he is raw fed and we got him weighed today he is 62lbs even that seems huge to me for his age of 7 and a half months old....

He is not fat by any means but does that seem big to anyone else

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
He had huge paws here he is at 6 weeks
He towers over all his siblings lol he is also tall hoping he gets about 15 more pounds and the mellows out on growing

Attachments

#6 ·
His daddy was a big boy weighing in at 88 pounds and very stout and lots of muscle momma was if I remember right like 70ish
Chances are he will be bigger than avg. but no guarantees. Keep in mind the biggest of the litter doesn't always means a big adult. Same for the smallest. Lot of factors will come into play when it comes to the sizes of pups in a litter.

#8 ·
Yeah it might not be 100% 62 pounds because I did it in the scale by weighing myself then him with me and figured out the math did it a couple times...
Just to make sure it was right lol...
He does not seem that big but he has a ton of muscle on him he is a solid rock...

From being raw fed I would say he is under 3% body fat

#11 · (Edited)
For a boy it doesn't sound abnormal. I met a big guy at the park about a month ago.. 60lbs at 6 months. Beautiful boy.
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

His name is Cooper.

Of course I think all boxers are beautiful!!
Mabyn will be a year old next month and she's the smallest (of her brothers and parents) at 50lbs but she's taller than her mom and she has some filling out to do so I'm sure she will outweigh her mom soon.

#17 ·
Well this makes me feel a little better he is not fat by any means I can still we his big couple of ribs a little but people at the dark park where saying he is to big for a boxer at this age...

I was like well we know the breeder and they are all boxer trust me

#21 ·
I prefer my boxers on the small side,they cost less in vet bills and to feed as well :)

But heh,I`m blessed with Valant at 100lbs :crazyeye:

He looks good,be xtra carefull some grow too fast for their joints

#22 ·
Just an update axle is doing great he is about 66 pounds as of last night he is doing great on his raw diet we had a slow start on his raw been about 6 months on it and finally have it to where I can keep things solid with offal...
If you know what I mean while lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.