Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm. New to this site. I wanted to look into holistic treatment for my 8 yr. Old boxer. She too, just got diagnosed with histiocytic sarcoma. They didn't give us much choice other than chemo and surgery. But she's already been through 3 surgeries for other benign masses.. I wondered did you only do cbd. And what brand. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Understanding Histiocytic Sarcoma in Dogs
I'm certainly no expert on this however from what I have read I don't think CBD will help with cancer. If it is localized all you can do is have it removed and follow up with chemo. I see there are three types of this cancer and they are all aggressive. I think its best to work with your vet on this type of health issue. I'm sorry you are going thru this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The best thing to do is have it removed if the Vet recommends it Boxers are prone to cancer and its better to be on the safe side and have it gone. I do not believe in this CBD
Thanks so much for your advice it's hard because the vet painted a grim picture if we don't have chemo. We just don't want to put her through so much suffering if it's the same outcome. But at the same time we want her to have the best quality. It's always a difficult decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Understanding Histiocytic Sarcoma in Dogs
I'm certainly no expert on this however from what I have read I don't think CBD will help with cancer. If it is localized all you can do is have it removed and follow up with chemo. I see there are three types of this cancer and they are all aggressive. I think its best to work with your vet on this type of health issue. I'm sorry you are going thru this.
Thanks so much. We just didn't want to put her through chemo. She's already been through alot having two surgeries in the past year with complications with one. Thank you. I had just heard alot of good things want cbd. It's always a tough decision.

·
Registered
141 Posts
CBD did nothing for our boxer with a mast cell tumor. Or our boy with large cell lymphoma RIP Diezel💔

·
Registered
950 Posts
Chemo doesn't affect dogs the way it does humans but there are other things to consider here as well as how much time it actually will give the dog its usually only 3 more months and its very costly and you have to take care with yard cleanup as some of the chemicals will be passed in waste. Its a very hard hard decision and I am sorry you have to go thru this. I know you will make the right call maybe more discussion with your Vet.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Indeed it is a difficult decision. I personally likely would not do chemo on a 8 year old boxer, as I think the average lifespan to be about 10 years for boxers though there have been some who have been luckier. Its a big expense to go thru along with the work involved and maybe you get 6 more months or a year with a dog. I don't think CBD helps but it it helps keep her comfortable during our life, then I can see thing it. It probably won't hurt. I'm sorry if I sound cynical I don't mean too, just hard to put it all in typed words . I lost my boxer this past Spring to a brain stem cancer. It happened fairly quickly as he had more tests scheduled for the following week but over that prior weekend he had a seizure and really never came out of it at the ER Vet. I hope the CBD helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CBD did nothing for our boxer with a mast cell tumor. Or our boy with large cell lymphoma RIP Diezel💔
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Boxers are the best and it's so difficult to say goodbye. Thinking of you and I'm so sorry.
Indeed it is a difficult decision. I personally likely would not do chemo on a 8 year old boxer, as I think the average lifespan to be about 10 years for boxers though there have been some who have been luckier. Its a big expense to go thru along with the work involved and maybe you get 6 more months or a year with a dog. I don't think CBD helps but it it helps keep her comfortable during our life, then I can see thing it. It probably won't hurt. I'm sorry if I sound cynical I don't mean too, just hard to put it all in typed words . I lost my boxer this past Spring to a brain stem cancer. It happened fairly quickly as he had more tests scheduled for the following week but over that prior weekend he had a seizure and really never came out of it at the ER Vet. I hope the CBD helps
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.. That's so difficult. 💔It's never an easy decision. I think we all just want the best life and best quality. I'm. Weighing the Options, she's just gone through alot the past couple of years and I don't want to put get through more pain and suffering then she has to. Thanks for your input. I'm. So sorry for your loss. 🙏💔

·
Registered
2 Posts
My friend used CBD oil to treat her dog, and it's also a great calming oil. If you don't want to put your dog to sleep, try it. Losing a dog feels like losing a member of a family, and anyone who went through something like that knows what I am talking about. If my dog got sick I would try anything, I could not imagine my life without my best friend... I use CBD on myself, and by that logic, I think that you can use it on your dog too. I buy my weed, and CBD on https://justcannabis.shop/product-category/flowers/indica/. It's a great website for getting this stuff, you might find something, good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts