Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
If the pup is struggling (like a stuffy nose) when its breathing regularly, I would get it checked for kennel cough, it can sound like they have a cold.  Depending on where the dog came from that would have sig. as well.   Pups can catch something very easy, esp in whelping situations if the area where they were kept was not kept clean.  

Snoring in pups is comming at night, but have not heard of too many when they are awake.  Eye gunk is common with the adjustment to a new environemnt, but like Kate said, do watch out for anything green.  Green is a sign of infection.    Since you just got your pup, do you have to take him to the vet say withing 3 days to make sure he is healthy and gets a clean bill of health?  If so, or even if not, I always when I get a new dog take them to the vet for a complete check up.  The person who sold you the dog may tell you they are fine, but best to have that initial visit when a vet can overlook the dog, test and hear the heart, do a stool sample, so you can catch anything in an early stage before something flares up!!

Good Luck, and hope things are fine.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.