Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

New here and was wondering how Charlie was doing. I read this through
and thought somehow he pulled something which caused his issue....
Just like people we can throw are backs out and as we get older we’ll recovering isn’t easy...lol

An update would be nice! Hopefully, he’s back to moving around.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi all, I appreciate everyones concern and prayers as well. Today marked two weeks since the incident and Charlie is up and running (well not running, just walking) it seems. He is still on meds and we see the nuero tomorrow for another exam and to discuss the next steps as far as meds go. He has regained his movements as i mentioned in my earlier post about a week ago and has since began really moving around a lot more this past week. His back legs seem a bit more sunken in now and he sometimes is lower to the ground than he used to be and he sometimes slips alot more frequently when walking. I am not sure what the cause of any of this is and I hope to have some answers tomorrow about his overall health and condition and maybe even a clearer answer on what exactly caused this to begin with. Bit rigjt now we are taking things day by day with Charlie boy. Thanks again !

·
Registered
703 Posts
I am glad to hear Charlie has some improvement please do keep us posted on what they say about him we wish the best for you and most of us here do use these posts as learning experiences as you never know what health challenges you may run into with your Boxer. We are keeping our fingers and paws crossed for you guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I had went to two doff places one of which was a nuero doctor who recommended the MRI. I am not sure why they did not want to do xray all they said was that the MRI would show them exactly what is wrong and can tell them what they are working with. Prior to Monday, my dog might have yelped once or twice maybe and he went about his business as usual after that. The yelp and cry on Monday has set him back and now can’t walk or stand.
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for advice. My 9 year old boy Charlie suddenly yelped and jumped up from him sleep Monday morning and then after that became very still and hunches his back and could not lie down or move very much. He was in so much pain. We took him to the Emergency hospital and when we for to the parking lot he could not even stand up anymore and was taken in on a gurney. they wanted to do an MRI,but the cost of that was over 7k and I couldnt afford that right now. The doctor said he thinks it is something to do with his spine/neck and nervous system. It could be anything from a slipped disc in neck or potential tumor on his spine that caused this.
we got him started on some pain killer meds and a NsAID along with some hemp oil to relieve some of the pain. He still cannot stand up or walk and it is so disheartening. I love my boy so much and I dont want to put him down but I think I may have to. He seems to get betterbwith moving his head/neck now and even barked earlier today. I dont want to put him down if he can somehow come out of this miserable position. Has this happened to anyone before? I am searching for any answers at this point. Thank you
We had a boxer who fell down the stairs and lost motion on her right side. My emergency vet did the same with meds and not much more. We did have acupuncture done on her and it worked well!! I would recommend it!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts