Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...first his eyes seem a little bit red in the corners, and he has eye gunk...Jetta has never...is this normal?
second...he has very loose stool...his previous owners had him on purina dog chow (crap) and his skin and fur seem ok...but his stools are not...I do not want to buy a bag of the crap and support a crap company...with him eating Jetta's Canidae, how long should it take for his stools to firm if they are going to firm with the new food?  

Also...when i do take him in for his shots...would I just get the boosters, or do I go through the whole series?

The guy said he had all his shots except rabies and parvo?  He didn't get his parvo because when he was a baby the other household dog got parvo and the vet didn't want to vaccinate him while he was being exposed to it...
So would I just get the yearly rabies and parvo/distemper...or all of them (series of 3)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
When we got Sadie, the previous owners were feeding her a canned food, I think it was Pedigree or some other cheap food.  I switched her to dry kibble, Chicken Soup.  She never really had stool issues.  She's a tank though, she can eat anything!  Charlie has a very sensitive stomach, on his food transitions sometimes it would take a month for his stool to firm up a bit.  I'd say if after a month Bo's stool is loose, you may wanna experiment!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
[quote="aquagirl900\";p=\"49617":2emy1adf]Ok...first his eyes seem a little bit red in the corners, and he has eye gunk...Jetta has never...is this normal?
second...he has very loose stool...his previous owners had him on purina dog chow (crap) and his skin and fur seem ok...but his stools are not...I do not want to buy a bag of the crap and support a crap company...with him eating Jetta's Canidae, how long should it take for his stools to firm if they are going to firm with the new food?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
his eyeball is fine...there is that little piece of stuff on each side of the eye...the one closest to the muzzle is a little red...and he has a yellowy white eye booger

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the inner lids are only slightly red..not too much, but more red than Jetta's are

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If he was vaccinated as a puppy then you would only need to do the parvo distemper rabies one time and not repeat the series again.  On the eyes it is common for them to have eye boogers, as long as the eye and tissue around it are not red and swollen then I dont suspeect it to be infection.  They eye boogers should be white to clear in color.  Some dogs are worse then others because some of them have lids that go down further, it can also be getting use to the things that are in your home that he is not use to.  On the loose stool it will take a while for the runs to clear up switching food cold turkey follow the pumpkin advice and it will come around as long as he is one that can eat the type of food you are feeding Jetta.  Not all dogs can eat the same food without it bothering the stomach. You can also use plain Kaopectate, if needed to help it as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts