Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know a cure for gas... or at least a reduction.. ?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Many on here have said plain yogurt is good. You might look on past threads for this...

·
Registered
610 Posts
I give Koa a teaspoon of fat free flain yogurt with each meal.  It has helped tremendously with his gas (not to say he doesn't fart anymore, but less frequency).  I took him off the yogurt for 1 week to see if I could notice a difference... OH BOY!  Let's just say he's back to getting yogurt!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
woooh ooo.... I already add an egg every other day for the coat if a few more agree on the yogurt I may try that too... any other ideaas???

·
Registered
412 Posts
Plain unsweetened natural yogurt with live cultures helps in keeping the good bugs going in the digestive tract. We don't give daily, but we do give a few times a week. You might change their diet as well. Some foods are more Tootie! We feed Raw, and have little gas issues until we introduce outside items like some traets and too much dairy. Just a change in kibble may help.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yep, yogurt works but I believe that it covers up the problem.  Search for some food that cause excess gas and you don't have to keep adding yogurt/pumpkin/digestive enzymes/ etc to the food every day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts