Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello......I have a few questions.

First:My boxer Lola is about 5 months and for the most part completely house broken. The only problem is that she only goes in the back yard when take her out ever hour or so.....she will not go to the bathroom when we are on walks. Any tips?

Second: She will not come to me when I call her and when we play (just me and Lola) she is not nearly as active as when she plays with my wife. She will come to my wife but not me. I am the one who disciplines her the most and I do not cuddle her as much as my wife does but I am still very affectionate with her. Any tips??

Joe

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
There are some good posts already on the forum about your questions.

Check them out.

Nano

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
A lot of dogs will not go potty anywhere other than their own home, Tia was that way...I really wouldn't worry to much, if she has to go, believe me, she will  :)

Teaching recall is probably one of the hardest commands, but a very valuable one to work on....Here's a Sticky that I wrote back when we brought Angel home and I had issues....As far as the playing differently, I have found that with all my Boxers, they treated both me & my ex,and now with Marq differently...Was it because I was the chief disciplinarian? I doubt it...My ex would rough house with Buck & Tia, I didn't, Marq rough houses with Angel, I seldom do, BUT Angel is a huge Daddy's Girl and anytime he sits, she is there, lays down, she is there, but if I leave the room, I have 2 shadows behind me  :) Tips? Spend more time with her, play with her more, do obedience with her, let her bond with you as she obviously has with your wife....

http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... opic&t=800

·
Registered
370 Posts
Allie has never liked anyone or anything watching her potty.  She will go behind bushes or trees or just will not go if she feels she is being watched.  She has gotten better about doing it in front of us.  She's also very particular about her grass; if she doesn't like it, she won't go.  Like Samsonsmom said, your dog will go, when he/she has to go, no matter where.  

Allie and I cuddled all the time when we got her; DH insisted on that because she is my dog.  Well, when DH is around, she is his little girl, but if I move, I have a shadow.   :D   We had a vet tell us that female dogs bond with the male in the house and a male dog will bond with the female in the house.  I don't know how scientifically accurate that is.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Lucy is the same way about going potty. When we first got her, I would take them for a walk and then have to let her out in the backyard as soon as we got home so she would go. But now she is just starting to go on the leash out in public. I think she is learning from Sam. I don't know about the vets theory on bonding. At our house, I think they both give us equal snuggle time.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Duke was the same way with Adam in the beginning.  He favored me over him.  So I told Adam to love on him more...He loves kisses so Adam started showering him with love constantly now Duke will wait at the door when he knows Adam is coming home, he will cuddle with Adam more.  I would give him more attention see if that helps.  We are also enrolling Duke in a obedience class, you might try doing that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts